• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding?

Sarah1989

Warren Veteran
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right section for bunny boarding, but I am going on holiday on Saturday and I urgently need someone to take care of Slipper whilst I'm away. I had arranged for my step dad to look after her, but he has just been rushed to hospital & I don't know if he'll be up to it. I have nobody else to ask as she is quite aggressive & protective of her food bowl & my elderly grandparents won't be quick enough to avoid getting bitten. Due to their medication, if they got bitten, it could be quite serious with blood loss etc.

My only other alternative is to try & somehow take her with me (its a caravan in mablethorpe) but I couldn't get her cage there along with the luggage as I only have a two seater sports car & my OH has a motorbike so were having to go separately as it is with luggage on front seat as it won't fit in the boot. Slippers travel case will only just fit in the boot, not that I like the idea if that, but I don't know what else to do.

Can anybody please help me? I'm sure I've seen a rabbit boarding facility in Sheffield posting on here before, but I can't remember their name.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!

Thank you, Sarah

Have you inquired with local vets? My offer a boarding service for around £7 per night. I'm sure someone more local to you will be along soon to recommend somewhere.

Hiya :wave:

I have just found these on the internet - don't know if they are of any use to you though.

Sheffield

http://www.hoppyfeet.co.uk/bunny-boarding.html - this one was due to open this month - they could be someone on here.

161 cobden view road, crookes, sheffield, South Yorkshire, s10 1ht
Tel: 07729447512

We board: Rabbits Guinea Pigs Birds

Chapeltown bunny boarding

chapeltown, sheffield, South Yorkshire,
Tel: 01142459129

We board: Rabbits

Helen Asquith

Chancet Wood Drive, Meadowhead, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S8 7TR
Tel: 07798 804720

We board: Rabbits Guinea Pigs Birds Reptiles Hamsters, Mice etc.

Tina white

Netheredge, sheffield , South Yorkshire, s7 1HG
Tel: 0114 2550308

We board: Rabbits Guinea Pigs Hamsters, Mice etc.

I'm in Sheffield and if you can't find boarding I could keep her upstairs with our spare puppy pen, providing clearance with OH. How long are you away for?

Edit: I didn't realise Hoppyfeet was on Cobden view! That's so close to me :) And yes it's Jolysium who runs it, so if they're open I'd look there.

Last edited:
Hiya,

Thank you all so much for your help & suggestions, it's very much appreciated :)

RavenMoon, thank you so much for your kind offer, if I don't have any luck with the places suggested by RabCat, I will definitely take you up on that offer :) I will of course bring everything with me like food & veg & things. I'm going on Saturday so would be looking to drop her off on Friday. My OH hasn't decided whether we're coming home on the following Saturday or Sunday yet (24/25th) but of course I would let you know. I will obviously let you know if I have any joy with the others first so not to put you, but I really do appreciate it :)

Sarah

I'm in Sheffield and if you can't find boarding I could keep her upstairs with our spare puppy pen, providing clearance with OH. How long are you away for?

Edit: I didn't realise Hoppyfeet was on Cobden view! That's so close to me :) And yes it's Jolysium who runs it, so if they're open I'd look there.

RavenMoon, that's a lovely offer, how kind :D Sorry I couldn't help, Sarah, but as I said on the phone, if there's an emergency I'll try to help even if it's not ideal accommodation!
I just wanted to say I'm not on Cobden View... don't know where that address came from but it's not mine, I'm in S11! :lol:

Last edited:
RavenMoon, that's a lovely offer, how kind :D Sorry I couldn't help, Sarah, but as I said on the phone, if there's an emergency I'll try to help even if it's not ideal accommodation!
I just wanted to say I'm not on Cobden View... don't know where that address came from but it's not mine, I'm in S11! :lol:

Tbh I did think I would have noticed if you were that close. Still not far, I'm on Fulwood Road.

Sarah, OH has said we can definitely take her if needed, he had ok'd bunny-sitting generally in the past but I like to make sure xD

It looks like you're sorted now, but if not I use Holiday Hutches in Barnsley. I know it's a bit far, but it's worth it as they're really good and reasonably priced.

Hi RavenMoon,

I'm 99.9% sure I've found somewhere for her - Barnsley Bunny Boarding in Tankersley which is right around the corner from where I work coincidentally. I go walking in my lunch hour and walk past this place at least once a week and never knew it existed! :shock: Anyways, I called in today and she has one hutch left, a 4ft one. She did want to see Slipper first, to check the suitability of the cage, but I assured her it would be fine as I think it's about the same size as what Slipper has now (I am going to get her a larger one made as soon as I can persuade the OH to actually get out of the pub and work on it :lol:) I should be dropping her off on Friday evening as we go on Saturday so fingers crossed there are no more last minute hiccups like "sorry, we think she's too big for the cage and so we won't take her". If that happens, I'll definitely be taking you up on your very generous offer, but fingers crossed we're sorted now. Definitely need a holiday after this week :lol:
Thank you so so much once again, it's really appreciated :D

Sarah xxx

Hi RavenMoon,

I'm 99.9% sure I've found somewhere for her - Barnsley Bunny Boarding in Tankersley which is right around the corner from where I work coincidentally. I go walking in my lunch hour and walk past this place at least once a week and never knew it existed! :shock: Anyways, I called in today and she has one hutch left, a 4ft one. She did want to see Slipper first, to check the suitability of the cage, but I assured her it would be fine as I think it's about the same size as what Slipper has now (I am going to get her a larger one made as soon as I can persuade the OH to actually get out of the pub and work on it :lol:) I should be dropping her off on Friday evening as we go on Saturday so fingers crossed there are no more last minute hiccups like "sorry, we think she's too big for the cage and so we won't take her". If that happens, I'll definitely be taking you up on your very generous offer, but fingers crossed we're sorted now. Definitely need a holiday after this week :lol:
Thank you so so much once again, it's really appreciated :D

Sarah xxx

Hi Sarah,

Glad to hear you've likely found someone, useful that you know where they are too :thumb: I know how you feel with regards to getting things sorted and needing a holiday. Last September we were due to go camping one Tuesday for a few days and were leaving the buns with our housemate. Cloud decided that he would have his first bout of stasis Sunday night :roll: thankfully he improved quickly and our housemate was told that if he acted even slightly out of the norm we would come back but I still didn't settle easily!
It's really no problem, I'm happy to hi-jack pets from anyone for a while :lol:
Jade xxx

Hi Sarah,

Glad to hear you've likely found someone, useful that you know where they are too :thumb: I know how you feel with regards to getting things sorted and needing a holiday. Last September we were due to go camping one Tuesday for a few days and were leaving the buns with our housemate. Cloud decided that he would have his first bout of stasis Sunday night :roll: thankfully he improved quickly and our housemate was told that if he acted even slightly out of the norm we would come back but I still didn't settle easily!
It's really no problem, I'm happy to hi-jack pets from anyone for a while :lol:
Jade xxx

Hi Jade :wave:

That made me laugh so much - happy to hi-jack anybody's pets :lol: that's just like me! I'm well know around here that if anybody brings their pets anywhere near me they will be hugged and cuddled for hours on end and a new home offered :lol: Though I think after a week with Slipper and getting nibbled on a nightly basis when feeding her, you would soon be ringing me and begging me to take her back :lol:

Sarah xxx

Back