• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maximum time in a pet carrier... does anyone have a spare playpen near salisbury??

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
I'm probably going to need to keep my girls in their 1x2x1 carrier for about 6-8 hours overnight, do you think they'd be okay?

They've been in it for up to two hours in the daytime before (when I'm cleaning the hutch in the rain), and for 4 hours on bonfire night/new years, although I got them out a few times to check they were okay. :?

Last edited:
Not ideal really. How come they have to be kept in the carrier, could you not buy a pen?

Not ideal really. How come they have to be kept in the carrier, could you not buy a pen?

It's for one night, just while their hutch is cleaned and taken to my neighbours before we go on holiday, they'll be in my room, and I wouldn't put them in there until about midnight, maybe later, I might be able to give them the bathroom instead, but I'm not sure how transferable their litter training is :?

I don't think it's really fair, especially as bunnies are naturally more active at night. Surely it won't take long to muck the hutch out? Can't you get up early in the morning?

what about a pen or large foldable dogcrate

I don't have either of these, and I don't want to spend £30+ for one night :/ I might just stay up with them all night so they can play in my room, although, at that time of night, they'll be snoring their heads off :lol::lol:

Last edited:
I don't think it's really fair, especially as bunnies are naturally more active at night. Surely it won't take long to muck the hutch out? Can't you get up early in the morning?

I need to take it over by 7:30, as she goes to work then, I feel really bad about it, but I don't know what else to do...

I think I might put down loads of blankets in the bathroom and put up the bunny-gate to keep them in.

Personally I wouldn't leave Ludo in a carrier overnight.

Could you not buy a second hand hutch on eBay, Gumtree or in the Friday Ad, a smallish one would cost only a tenner and then you could use it as a house in their run afterwards. :wave:

I need to take it over by 7:30, as she goes to work then, I feel really bad about it, but I don't know what else to do...

I think I might put down loads of blankets in the bathroom and put up the bunny-gate to keep them in.

That sounds a much better idea than keeping them in a carrier :D

Personally I wouldn't leave Ludo in a carrier overnight.

Could you not buy a second hand hutch on eBay, Gumtree or in the Friday Ad, a smallish one would cost only a tenner and then you could use it as a house in their run afterwards. :wave:

I've got two days before they have to move over and I don't drive to collect :?

My friend might be able to lend me a ferplast 100 for the night, which is bigger than the carrier...

the bathroom idea sounds good, had to put my rabbits in ours once while my room was redone, they just chilled out in middle of the floor :lol:

the bathroom idea sounds good, had to put my rabbits in ours once while my room was redone, they just chilled out in middle of the floor :lol:

They love the bathroom, we always have wet-play in there, and there's loads of things to jump on... it's just convincing my parents, maybe if I sleep in the bathtub they won't mind so much, partly because I can clean up after the bunnies, but mainly because they can put embarrassing photos of me on facebook... :roll:

They love the bathroom, we always have wet-play in there, and there's loads of things to jump on... it's just convincing my parents, maybe if I sleep in the bathtub they won't mind so much, partly because I can clean up after the bunnies, but mainly because they can put embarrassing photos of me on facebook... :roll:

just wondering what wet play is? :D

just wondering what wet play is? :D

I put some water in the bath (about 3-4 inches), pop some floating toys and a box to jump out, then ramps all over the place, they love to splash about and climb into the bath and all over the pipe-boxes, sink, toilet (lid down, don't worry :lol:). I sometimes put some water in a large box and fill the bottom with extra-large fish-stones, they love digging in the wet, although I come out soaked too :lol::lol::lol: I also wash them over while they're there, Jelly thinks her litter tray is a bed :roll:

I put some water in the bath (about 3-4 inches), pop some floating toys and a box to jump out, then ramps all over the place, they love to splash about and climb into the bath and all over the pipe-boxes, sink, toilet (lid down, don't worry :lol:). I sometimes put some water in a large box and fill the bottom with extra-large fish-stones, they love digging in the wet, although I come out soaked too :lol::lol::lol: I also wash them over while they're there, Jelly thinks her litter tray is a bed :roll:

wow sounds like great fun , might try mine with a water filled tray out in the run see if they like it plus it would clean their bums as well :thumb:

Mine are in a carrier for about eight hours when I go to my parents. Surely it's okay for one night? Mine go on for the journey there and back about two to four times a year. :?

Personally I would have said it's ok for one night, they may get a bit moody but it shouldn't do them any harm. You know your bunnies best and how bothered they will be by it.

Back