• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay 4 Pets - what's good at the moment?

Just about to order another 16kg. I had the Ings and then switched to Timothy and Rye as I had lots of guineas coming to stay and they seem to prefer it a little shorter, but I notice that they also have meadow hay back in stock.

Has anyone ordered any hay recently and have any particular recommendations before I place my order?

Thank you in advance. :thumb:

Just about to order another 16kg. I had the Ings and then switched to Timothy and Rye as I had lots of guineas coming to stay and they seem to prefer it a little shorter, but I notice that they also have meadow hay back in stock.

Has anyone ordered any hay recently and have any particular recommendations before I place my order?

Thank you in advance. :thumb:

I've got Timothy and rye just now, the buns aren't leaving any of it :thumb:

Thank you - I might revert to the Ings and cut it shorter for the guineas, my two buns love it and the Timothy was dustier, I found. A big bag doesn't hang around here for long, either. Thankfully they are so much more reasonable than the pet shops or it might be cheaper to buy myself a hay meadow and be done with it :lol: (if only!)

I've got Timothy and rye just now, the buns aren't leaving any of it :thumb:

Oooh, you have a harlequin, like me. Pretty.
211514_559674472_1588852307_q.jpg

Maybe I will be really indecisive and opt for a bag of both. I am sure there will be no complaints at double the amount arriving. Not 16kg, anyway, I am getting my kg and my £ confused! Think my head must be full of hay too today!

Last edited:
My ings is different to previous too, its a lot bittier and leafier than normal. The bunnies are leaving more of it but its still getting eaten. Not as happy as I have been previously with it.

I;m also having this dilemma!! My buns are fussy... they tend to like new hay for a week and then go off it :( They loved the local farm hay bales but when I bought a half bale they went straight off it!!! :( All they really want is grass and its just not growing!!! :(
I'll keep watching here tho, I never remember which hay I buy form hay4pets so don;t eever remember which they like.

I have just got a new bag of Ings and it's going down very well again. I do have to cut it sometimes as some of the stalks can be soooooo long they get all tangled and the buns drag them out of the tray.

Traditional meadow hay from season 2013 should be very very good this year as, from talking to farmers the recent heat wave gave literally perfect hay making conditions,

On farm i have seen smelt some of the best hay i have ever seen!

Back