• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit rescues in Wales?

luna

Mama Doe
Hi,

I am wondering could anyone direct me towards some reputable rabbit rescues in Wales please (close to Holyhead port) ? Thanks in advance :)

Sorry I don't know of any in Wales, however there is Windwhistle Warren in bordering county Gloucestershire. I can thoroughly recommend this rescue and the lady, Alice who runs it.:thumb:

In North Wales there is Capricorn Animal Rescue, North Clwyd Animal Rescue, RSPCA Bryn Y Maen (Colwyn bay) and probably a few more those are the ones in the denbighshire / flintshire area that I know have rabbits for rehoming :) I will go and ask about the Anglesey and Gwynedd areas and get back to you :)

Oh knew there was one I missed out, Freshfields Animal Rescue in Caernarfon has a few bunnies on their website but not many

Thanks a million for getting back to me. Are Freshfields in Wales a good rescue, do they neuter and vaccinate their bunnies etc? Thanks :)

Freshfields Wales look after their animals very well :) they don't PTS healthy animals either. They do neuter and vaccinate their rabbits (as long as they are old enough for spaying etc) give them a call and im sure that they will answer any questions and tell you what animals they have for rehoming at the moment.

The staff seem to really care about the animals in their care, they won't rehome single rabbits unless it is going to accompany another.

Thats great, thanks for the feedback, its always nice to hear of rescues doing good work :) I have got in touch with them and am waiting to hear back :)

I know of this one in mid Wales: http://www.rhydowenrodentrefuge.webs.com/

When I lived in Wales I went to Gloucester to visit Windwhistle Warren, she has about a 100 rabbits at any one time, so is bound to have somebun that suits the home you have to offer, and Alice really went out of her way to help me find the best rabbit for both me and my bunny.

Back