• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mrs Millicent Humphries needs some good wishes please/ ud p25

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
On saturday we took in a new elderly girl with ear problems. She is 8.5 years old and looks just like my beautiful bridge bunny Humphrey Cushion, so in tribute to him we have named her Mrs Millicent Humphries! :love:

She doesn't look her age and is so bright and friendly :D But unfortunately she has abscesses in both ears that due to a genuine change in the previous owners circumstances didn't get the care they needed at the out set. She was booked in with our vet for the moment they opened this morning and has had a GA to investigate both ears fully. Unfortunately it appears that surgery is not an option as our vet feels it is two invasive to have both ears done, the abscesses are in an awkward place and x-rays have showed the infection has spread to the bone. So sadly her outlook isn;t good :cry: She has had the abscesses/ears drained and flushed this morning under the GA and is now sleeping it off at home. She is going back Friday morning for a check up.

I honestly can't believe how well she is in herself given how far the infection has spread, or how friendly she is given the discomfort she must be in. Millicent has been so much in the past week but seems to be taking it all in her stride, so we obviously have a little fighter on our hands :love: But any spare thoughts would be very much appreciated.

i also want to say a huge thank you to The Dutchess for contacting us about her and bringing her to us :D

This is the pretty girl. Anyone who remembers the amazing Humphrey Cushion will see the likeness :love:

P1050188.jpg

P1050187.jpg

P1050186.jpg

P1050185.jpg

Last edited:
:love::love: She's beautiful and so much like Humphrey. :love:

I'm sorry it wasn't better news but I hope she can have as much time being spoiled rotten at Rainbow Rabbits as possible.

Warmest wishes extended to Mrs Millicent Humphries. She is a lovely looking lady and I am sure she will enjoy being spoilt by you.xx

I was really disappointed to find her ears full of pus again this morning after everything she went through yesterday :(

On the plus side she was so good having them cleaned out and the drops put in :love:

Sending lots of vibes for Millicent. I met her when she was at The Rabbit Crossing last week, she is a beauty :love::love:

Sorry the infection's proving so stubborn but hopefully she can remain happy and comfortable as long as possible...

What a beautiful girl she is. :love: So sorry her ears are causing her trouble, but she is in good hands. xx

Hope she can remain happy and comfortable for as long as possible. Sending lots of vibes for beautiful Mrs Millicent Humphries xx

Back