• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping bunny cool

moonturtle

Warren Scout
Hi everyone. I have another question.

Here in Korea it is an extremely hot summer. The heat is breaking records and the government is threatening that there may be blackouts. I am on the eighth floor or a building, so it does get hotter up here. I have my air conditioner set to 18 and I have a fan going, plus I keep my shades closed and Bojangles has plenty of water. My question is, what should I do if the blackouts happen? Bojangles got a little overheated this weekend and I got a little scared because she was just lying around (not her normal mischievous self,) and despite my attempts to keep the place cool; she is still a little sluggish. What can be done? Ideas please.

frozen 2 litre water bottles wrapped in a towel, keep a couple in freezer so you can keep swapping them. cold tiles, these can be frozen too, frozen treats such as apple, grape, ice cubes in water, and a light mist of water on the ears :thumb:

Thanks for the ideas. Please keep them coming. I got permission from my boss to bring her to school with me if there are blackouts. I will throw some bottle into the freezer there. I have been in Korea for two years, I arrived in July of 2011, and I don't remember it ever being this hot. It is breaking records, it is killer. The kids are crabby because of the heat, I am crabby because of the heat, Bojangles is really sluggish. It is killer.

Frozen bottles are fantastic! mine like lying on them - but don't bother wraping in towels (but i put them on a towel as they obviously drip once start to melt) I have four in my freezer and two ice pods, but i only use the ice pods if its a bit warm and tia looks hot as they really don't last long.

You can get small battery operated fans too, might be worth getting some of those, with lots of batteries (you can get one that you get an ice pack and freeze it, then it pulls the air over the ice pack to make it even cooler) - i've got one but the noise drives mine mad so i only use if im desperate

I would have never thought of a battery operated fan. Thanks Rupert and Tia! They sell little hand held battery fans here, if I have to I will stand or sit near her and blow it on her.:lol: She is my baby.

Back