• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried, please read

moi

Mama Doe
Those of you who dont know my bun was given meds as his poos were very small, his poos were back to decent size. Anyhow we are on day 2 of 'dating' and Ive noticed since going back into his run at about half 6 he hasnt poo'd or wee'd. Do I carry on with bonding or stop for now as Im worried its stressing him x

Personally, I wouldn't be bonding if a bun has recently been to the vets and is on medication for a health issue.

What was the problem?

Small poos makes me think GI Tract issues? Stress will almost certainly make any issues worse.

Yeah it was gi stasis.... Ive just been out there and panic over, lots of wee and poops... phew x

Yeah it was gi stasis.... Ive just been out there and panic over, lots of wee and poops... phew x

That's good news :thumb: If that hadn't just happened I think I would have been inclined to leave the bonding until everything back to normal.

Bonding is very streessful for bunnies so can affect their health. Once they are used to eash other its well worth the stress. :D

Its best not to bond if you think a bunny is ill, however if you are already midbond and stop you will only have to start from the bedginning again.

Back