• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit paranoia

moonturtle

Warren Scout
OK, I have to post this for my own peace of mind. Does anyone else freak out whenever their rabbits has a little hiccup? I grew up with animals my whole life. I had dogs mostly, but I also had a cat, a bird, and outside rabbits. The outside rabbits managed to chew through their cages and disappeared so I never got close to them (sadly.) My dogs, cat, and bird all lived to ripe old ages (except for one dog who sadly got cancer at a young age and died at 5.) I have suffered from depression and anxiety issues since birth which is the main reason my parents kept animals in the house. The animals helped me when I had episodes. When I decided to move to Korea, I was sadden because I could not take by beloved chocolate lab with me. The singles apartments here are very small and it would be uncomfortable for a 65 pound dog. Plus, I grew up in the country and my dog was used to have a big yard to run around, and she is an old woman now (she just turned 12 in May,) and I was scared about her having to be put under for the long plane ride. I did not plan on getting a pet in Korea either, I want to sight see and do touristy things and I didn't think that would be fair to any animal. When I decided to stay here, I toyed with the idea of getting a small cat. I know cats are very independent creatures and I wouldn't feel guilty leaving it with friends if I went somewhere. Then, a friend of mine rescued Bojangles from a horrible situation. She planned on keeping her, but her landlord forbid her from having any pets in her place and her school wouldn't help her find a new place (our contracts say our school provided our housing.) She asked all of her friends if they could adopt Bo and I took one look at her sweet face and caved. Now, I make sure I plan my schedule way in advance so Bojangles is well taken care of. She has become my life and I find myself worried to death that I do not take good care of her. If she blinks "strange" in my opinion, I am freaking out. I read all the stories you all post in her about your bunnies and I read the sad stories about some untimely deaths. I am scared to death that one of these horrible things will happen to Bojangles. I don't want her in pain ever. I am also scared to death about losing her knowing what it will do to my mental health (I had my family with me on other pets' deaths.) I am not critizing this site at all; in fact I find it wonderful. I am learning so much about rabbits and I love all the happy stories and pictures. Does anyone else worry this much? And if you do, what do you do to calm the anxiety?

Back