• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Baths

Oonagh

Warren Scout
Just saw another video on facebook of a bunny having a 'bath'. Poor thing is floating on its back in a sink full of water! It looks petrified and seems to be playing dead! :( I feel like messaging the person and telling her that she shouldn't be doing that, but most of the time people like this just don't want to know and just want attention on facebook. Drives me crazy!:evil:

Clicked on her profile and found out its not a normal account, but one of the types where you can follow a person?!!

I just got sent this video. Sent long comment about why this is bad but I think a few of us should do it as most people just think its cute :cry: Really is a horrid video.

I won't post her account name but you can pm me for it x

She's deleting all negative comments. Appalling how many comments say stuff like 'so you CAN bath rabbits..Im going to bath mine'

:mad::mad:

They're not toys!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Is this the hair in the sink one?

My friend sent it to me a while ago. Said i should do it to mine as it looks so cute :evil:.

She's deleting all negative comments. Appalling how many comments say stuff like 'so you CAN bath rabbits..Im going to bath mine'

:mad::mad:

They're not toys!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I have seen a video like this before and commented on how it was bad, but they just really don't want to know! :evil:

I naively gave Bojangles a bath once. She peed on the floor and got it all over her backside. I got a big green bowl and gently bathed her. She was upset, but afterwards I wrapped her in towels and snuggled with her. A couple of days later, I noticed she was not acting like herself and her ears were incredibly hot. I rushed her to the vet where they told me she made herself ill by stressing out over the bath. I was naïve and stupid and thought I could bathe her.

I bath my rabbits, but only on their terms, I had to wash them once as they had awfully mucky bums and it was hot weather and I couldn't get it off, but I do it in the bath with about 3in water and a towel for grip, I also put their plastic house in, so they can jump on it to get out of the water and on to the bath ledge, there are then ramps to the pipe box and floor, I pop them in the bathroom with some hay, put up a baby gate and sit outside, and they play themselves, there's always floating balls and toys too, and I only even think about washing them all over once they've gone in to the bath on their own, and I never hold them, they're free to go as they wish, they absolutely love it, and usually binky around the bathroom, but it's up to the bun, if they're breathing hard or look scared then it just becomes cruel, and rabbits rarely need baths, with my two it's pretty much 'wet play', but they smell nice after. :lol:

Ahhhh :censored: I am going to avoid watching that video at all costs, they honestly upset me too much & I think about it for days :shock: I feel so bad for poor little animals in the hands of stupid/cruel human beings!

Ahhhh :censored: I am going to avoid watching that video at all costs, they honestly upset me too much & I think about it for days :shock: I feel so bad for poor little animals in the hands of stupid/cruel human beings!

I think I will have to start doing the same. I still think about the poor bunny and people watching it that think its alright to do and will do it to their buns :( :roll:

Back