• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Egg biscuits for rabbits, are these safe?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Just been to Asda and seen 'egg biscuits' aimed at rabbits, main ingredient egg whites. Seems odd to me, are they safe?

Nope.
Buns aren't supposed to have any eggs or dairy.
But like companies don't care about that.
I was given eggy biccies with a bunny when I was removing him from them.
We tasted them and they are like cake, they have added sugar and stuff.

Agree with the above. Someone i know bought my buns some for Christmas and although I know theyre not good food I did give them a little nibble to show gratitude. They went absolutely MAD for them so you know they must be junk food!! ;)

I assume they're not safe for hamsters, guineas, mice etc either then? They were aimed at them all, but yeah as I walked past it really stood out, you don't often see 'egg' and a picture of a rabbit on the front :?

Hamsters and rats and mice are allowed egg (they go nuts for a boiled one :D ) it depends on how sugary the treats are though really

Hamsters, mice and rats go mad for egg, but those egg biscuits are full of sugar too.

Back