• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any boarding places in Cheshire?

LeahsRabbits

Warren Scout
So, we arn't going on holiday until next year but of course I want to be prepared early.

I'm only 15, and my mum has this stupid idea of leaving them in a hutch for 10 days (un-cleaned) and getting the neighbour to feed and water them every day. Baring in mind they are usually in a 6x5 shed with a 6x5 run attached it's a big change for them.

Considering them not being cleaned for 10 days could cause many problems, from flystrike to filthy fur. My purebred Lionhead, Leo, can't be on woodshavings as they get stuck in his fur .. And nothing else would be absorbent enough for them both.

They arn't together yet because Leo was only neutered last Friday - but by the time we go on holiday i'm hoping they will be bonded and settled.

I've been looking online at some boarding places in Cheshire but my mum's refusing to pay high prices, so i'm a bit stuck on what to do!

Any idea's?

I don't know what part of cheshire you are in but last month we used Mere Moggies in Rode Heath ( south cheshire). The lady that runs it (Amanda)is an ex rspca inspector and has a good knowledge of rabbits, she also fosters rabbits for our local rspca. Prices start from £4.50 per day plus an extra £2.50 for a second rabbit sharing.

The small pets holiday home in sandbach is good. All their hutches are heated I believe and they aren't expensive either.
They are also linked with a vet over the road.

They will happily update you as well. They rang my mum to let them know that her bunny had gone into stasis but that he was straight off to the vet and also kept her updated on his progress.

I don't know what part of cheshire you are in but last month we used Mere Moggies in Rode Heath ( south cheshire). The lady that runs it (Amanda)is an ex rspca inspector and has a good knowledge of rabbits, she also fosters rabbits for our local rspca. Prices start from £4.50 per day plus an extra £2.50 for a second rabbit sharing.

Oh thank you, i'll look into that. It would be £60 though for 10 nights.. She won't like the price lol!

The small pets holiday home in sandbach is good. All their hutches are heated I believe and they aren't expensive either.

They will happily update you as well. They rang my mum to let them know that her bunny had gone into stasis but that he was straight off to the vet and also kept her updated on his progress.

Ohh they seem very good. I'm not far from Sandbach either. I'll have to look at prices :)

Oooooh! That's always good to know, will keep it in mind thanks :thumb:

Back