• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lonely bunny

Really worried about Starsky, he is not himself since Hutch passed away. Can rabbits feel grief? He has had some cuddles and is ok when he is being held but as soon as he is back in his run he is just sitting there. He is not hunched up or anything like that and is eating/drinking fine. He seems lonely. what can I do to help him? I am hoping to eventually get another bun to bond with but in the meantime poor little guy seems miserable.

They definitely grieve & miss another bunny as they feel safer with a friend. I'm going looking for a new girlfriend for my boy in a minute, it's been a few weeks now but I think he may benefit from a friend as he seems very edgy on his own. Every bun reacts differently some may cope better than others.

It has been 3 days, and he seems genuinely fed up. He is usually playful but is just sat in the middle of the run ignoring me at the mo!

Bless him, the only way to know how he's feeling is to watch his body language & behaviour. Then you know if he acting differently. I'm no expert, my bonded buns have been separated by rainbow bridge recently & it's left me with the dilemma of whether or not to get another hutchmate for him. He seems more edgy so I think he needs company of another bunny as his mummy isn't enough :( even though I've tried all I could think of. You will know what's right.

Back