• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am unclean!

RavenMoon

Mama Doe
Do any other bunny owners get the feeling that their rabbit thinks they're filthy?! Whenever I hold any of my lot they will always give themselves a thorough clean afterwards. Often huffily if I've picked them up for something they don't like, like meds or claw clipping, but even when they've just had cuddles and fallen asleep on my lap they'll still clean themselves. :roll:

Oh yes :roll: cats do it as well, but they have not quite mastered a rabbit's level of disdain! :lol:

totally! my boys always go running to their mummy Maisy and she hurriedly washes all the human off them!!! :lol: i always do the voices - "mummy mummy the big pink one was mean to me!!!" "aww my poor little angel come here nd let me lick you better" :lol: my parents think im nuts :thumb:

I come home, let the buns out of their room & if I slump on the sofa and kick my shoes off Kizzy will immediately picks them up and throw them at me. She really doesn't approve of things not being in their proper place. If I throw my coat over the banister rather than hang it up properly she tries to pull it down.

Coats should be hung up, shoes put away but hay should scattered far & wide and the odd bunny poo (there is always one single bunny poo left dead centre in front of the TV) just gives the house a comfy lived in feel.

Oh yes :roll: cats do it as well, but they have not quite mastered a rabbit's level of disdain! :lol:

Don't tell my cat Kasha that. :lol: She is the queen of disdainful grooming. Most of the time she's very sweet and cuddly, but if she's being fussy I'll pick her up and force-cuddle her and man am I in for it then. She runs a few paces to put distance between us, shaking her back legs at me, then deliberately lifts one hind leg and shakes it off, then the other. Then she abruptly sits down and begins licking herself very vigorously, with a great deal of force, all over her neck and back and sides, ears pinned back the whole time. She will literally lick until her fur is wet and slicked down. Then she'll lift a front leg, shake it off, and groom that, then clean her face, head, and ears with it. Finally after ignoring me the whole time she will give me a glare (ears still back), before turning her bum on me and stalking off with tail twitching and a very affronted air. It's quite a production that she puts on. :roll::lol:

I have to say though, I've never seen my rabbits do it. They definitely flick their feet at me, and Poe will thump repeatedly like a little jerk. :lol:

Back