• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit proof seed trays/alternatives?

DarceyH

Warren Scout
so i really want to plant a couple of different seed trays of rabbit friendly herbs mixed with Timothy grass to put into Smokey and Robin's run for them to munch on, and probably destroy. I would love to sprinkle my lawn with dandelions, plantain etc, but my father would go crazy, and i would like to monitor how many treat plants they get, as i know to many would be bad for them. not to mention, herbs like parsley and basil would probably just die outside.

So, to get to my point, has anyone done anything like this, and what did they use? I saw someone on here (i cant remember who, sorry!) used an old dog bed, but i don't have one spare, and they are all rather expensive, so what has anyone else used, that is rabbit safe, and preferably cant be knocked over easily, as Smoky likes to upturn EVERYTHING, even her ceramic bowl!

Anything really, a baby bath, bucket, storage box etc. or you might be able to get plastic plant roughs second hand from freecylces/free ads. You'll need to put holes in the bottom so any rain can drain out.

It was me that used a dog bed! I had a look on gumtree the other day for a new one to rotate and there were a few on there for under £5 so worth a look :thumb: they work really well cos they already have the drainage holes :)

mystery solved!

It was me that used a dog bed! I had a look on gumtree the other day for a new one to rotate and there were a few on there for under £5 so worth a look :thumb: they work really well cos they already have the drainage holes :)

im sorry i couldn't remember, but it was such a brilliant idea! i hadnt thought of looking on gumtree, silly me! i will have a look!

Back