• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indroducing a doe to buck..advice please!:)

roseemily

New Kit
I recently brought a mini rex called lexi. She is 11 weeks old and I want to introduce her to my 1 year old dwarf buck sammy.
Im so nervous introducing her to him though ,cus he has such a lovely temperment, and id hate for her to hurt him.
Sammy had a castration on monday, and im going to have to wait 6 weeks. But in the meantime im letting them get to know each other through seperate runs.
I want to buy tjem a big hutch to live in, but I dont want to start buying stuff if they dont get along.
All advice from people that have dobe this before will be so welcome.
Thankyooou :D

Last edited:
In my experience, bucks readily accept a pretty little girlfriend. I just introduce in a neutral area, or even in his area. It's normal for them to run around each other and for a little mounting but this normally subsides within about 10 minutes. Once she's 4-6 months then she can be spayed.

I've never had a girl-to-boy bonding fail. Girl-to-girl can take a little longer, say 30-40 minutes, but my lot are pretty gregarious.

Back