• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy is really ill...She's gone

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
My darling girl Poppy is really ill and could use all the vibes you can muster. I took her to the emergency vets last night as she was really flat and unresponsive, we don't know what is wrong with her, it's not stasis. Overnight she hasn't improved and her temperature has dropped so she's in an incubator. There is a slight swelling on her left hand side so they are doing an ultrasound this morning to check her liver. The emergency vet didn't sound hopeful when I just spoke to him :(

Last edited:
Well I went and collected her from the night vets and took her to Wiliam my usual vet, her stomach is now distended and full of gas and fluids, he's taken some blood and will look at the X-rays and ultrasound...it's not looking good, she was hardly moving when I took her in :(

Back