• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nicknames for bunnies? (And other pets)

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
I call Angelica "Jelly" most of the time or sometimes "Wriggles", and Mercedes is "Flump"
Brandy is "Branders" "Brandikins" "puss-puss" or *ahem* "kitty-poos" :oops:
And Jaz's just end up being extremely long and soppy, but he still comes over haha! e.g. "Jazzy-wazzy-woo-woo-my-big-fluffy-boy" :oops::oops::oops:

My dad used to call Mercedes "fatty", I had to get him to stop when she started to respond to it. :evil::roll: She was a bit overweight though haha:lol:

Anyone else give their pets nicknames?

My buns mainly have abuse thrown at them. :lol:

Fiver usually gets "You little ****!" :lol:

I call them both "Babies!" When I walk in the room and they come running. Fiver also gets "fluffy bum" at the moment because of his silly moult :lol: Xena usually gets called "madam" as she's generally doing something she shouldn't.

Rosie, my dog, gets called "Rosie posie", "Puppy" or "Old girl". She is 16 but has been called "Puppy" her whole life. :lol: She is usually being called "Move Dog!!" these days as she is going blind and deaf and always seems to stood in the way or is under my feet!

Thor is known as Thorkins Hawkins (his daddy's surname)

Loki is known as Loki-doki or Loki-doki-oki or Oki-doki-Loki... Or any combination :roll: or Lokes sometimes

Poppy is technically a nickname already as her rescue name is Popsicle, she gets called Pops or Fluffs a lot though.

To be honest they all respond to the same thing really "what's this????" In a high pitched voice and all bunnies come running :roll: :lol: Loki is the only one who actually knows his name! :p

Mine are:

Millie is Millie-mill-mill, Millie-mooch or Ouch that hurt! :roll:

Dylan is Dilly-bobs

Thomas is Tommy-gun

Bessie is Bessie-boop or Boops

Lucky is Luckbun

Cadbury is Bubble or bubs

Flopsy is Flopsinator or Chucky egg

No wonder they get confused and ignore me most of the time - they all answer to their actual names though :D

Dogs-
Bruno- baby bear.
Willow- wiggles
Corrie- spook
Pepsi- grrrrry git
Levi- leviathan ( usually followed by us saying 'resistance is futile') as he tried to climb on your knee
Lady- 'I'm a lady' ( as in little Britain)
Jasper- jasperado the desperado.
Rosty- Rosty burger

Cats-
Sooty- zoot zoot
Pumpkin- grumpy Pumpy
Rufus- Rufus the dufus
Urchin- urchie
Helga- a beautiful girl
Dumpling- gorgeous girl
Daisy- daisy dot or voldemog
The other are just regular shortenings like Pudding is Puds!

Horses-
Bournville- bourneo
Bumble- bums
Tommy- tommy the terrorist

Rabbits-
Runt- runty boy
Sorrell- sozzie
Stevie- Frankenbunny
Olga- Olga da polga

Rupert - Rupesy, Rupes, oi!, Poopsy, Rupesy poopsy, Rupesy the poopy head ( :lol: ), Big man, pest, big boy, the main man, cheeky monkey, monkey, cheeky boy.

Tia - Tia maria, teeser (most often, we might aswell change her name lol), missy, missus, little miss, cheeky girl, monkey.

Domino (hamster) - Dom :lol: Domininominooooooo

Bobo was originally Boris - but he so suits Bobo now.

Harley is usually called Harley Knickers - I have no idea why - I just do

Holly - frequently called Poppy, Rosie - just arbatory names that fall out of my mouth :oops:

Sheldon - is called Shelly or more often, you little :censored::love: - and when he's been really naughty he is referred to as Shelly Stew:D

Bunchkin: Bun-Bun, Bum, Bum-Bum, Cutey-Paws, Little Fluff...

Ginny (Mum's cat): Jim, the Gin Ginny, Jimmet, Ginbow, Jimbo, Jiminy Cricket

Moomin (he was a dwarf hamster, RIP): Moom-Pie

:lol:

Hahaha, wonderful names! Okie-Doki-Loki made me smile :D

Soooo here we go-

Rabbits:
Foxglove- Foxie (it's actually a nickname ;)), Fox, Baby boy, Floofy baby, Little One. :lol:
Belladonna- Bella, Bells, Bell, Bell-bee, Boo, Bell-Bee-Boo
Bilbo (RIP)- Billie, Bill-bee, Boo, Bo, Bill-Bee-Boo (do you see a pattern :lol:)
Snowball (RIP)- Snowy, Noballs (after he got done :p)
Merry didn't have any nicknames :(

The only rabbit who responds to his name is Foxie (who responds to being called Foxie ;)). None of the other rabbits really responded to their names. Billie had hearing problems because of her big loppy floofy ears, and Bella, Snowy and Merry just didn't give a damn :lol:

Cats-
Pasch- Paschpee, Pashmina, Poush, PishPash, Pishpoush. All names she responds to as well as her real name because she gets called them so often :lol:
Sachmis- Sachy, Sachymis, Satchel, Sachy-baby (said in a very particular way ;)), my dad also calls her 'Pussy caaaat' :lol:

Bunsk WAS his nickname..... until it stuck :lol: He gets Bunski, Bunski-bunny, Greedybum, Bunskinator

Buster just get's 'Bunny' a lot or baba :D Unless he's been naughty, at which point he becomes 'Buggerlugs.'
Sooty (the hamster) is Sootybumbum, Fatty or Sootika :lol:

Pooka gets called 'poops' and 'poopsicles' or 'little madam' or if I'm in a nice mood she's 'my gorgeous girl'
Bilbo gets called 'a-hat' by my boyfriend, otherwise he's bill or fluffy bum
Cloud doesn't get nicknames as much, sometimes pretty boy or when being called as part of the pair. More often cloud gets referred to as a 'she' by visitors. Oh, boyfriend sometimes calls him fatty :roll: he's the biggest, but he's not fat!

all bunnies are 'bunkins'. individually, i like their real names, so i use those most often. matthew rabbit, tabitha rabbit, charlie (charlemagne - daughter named him, hope i spelt it correctly) rabbit and cecile bunbun.

My cat is Jack; which turns in to - puddy jack,jack-a-quack,monkey

My bunnies are;
Poppy; popsicle, poppy-mae, little madam
George; his Georgeship (instead of Lordship), prince george (named prior to the actual prince george was born)
Lola; i always call her lola-bean or jelly-bean
Pancake; he is just pancake i'm affraid.
Amy; amy whiney (after amy whinehouse) or diva
Smudge; smudgey wudgey
Rufianna; roofy, rhianna, rufus (her prev name when we thought she was a he)
Hiccup; she gets hiccky somethings
Binky; she gets jumpy or roo

Technically Java's name on his vaccination card is 'Jo-Jo' because that's what the RSPCA rescue named him, but I didn't like that, so he's Java. Java gets turned into 'Ja-ja', sometimes 'Ja-Ja Binkies' (as opposed to Ja-Ja Binks, for Star Wars fans). He also gets called penguin sometimes, because he looks suspiciously like one.
Spice often gets Spicy, Spicy lady, or Mrs Rabbit.

P.s. I love Voldemog from earlier :)

Back