• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's Nibbles' big day tomorrow u/d incisors now removed

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
He will be having his upper and lower set of front teeth extracted tomorrow morning. I always worry about him going for ops, more than Jasper and Buttons. I really hope he will feel happier not having to struggle them any more but I can imagine he won't like us for a few days :(

Have got all his favourite noms in today, and a big cuddle will be waiting for him when he gets home. Fingers crossed it all goes well for him...

Last edited:
Thanks guys :D will keep you posted... Buttons is not going with him so I will spend the day with her, we need some 'bonding time' :D

We are about to leave. His lunchbox is packed full of things he can eat but i dont think he will want to eat much after the op! Feeling very sick with nerves.

not heard anythign yet, but as someone said on my thread last week when Jasp went for his op, 'no news is good news'

Yes no news is good news. I hope he wakes up quickly and is home with you soon :love:

I'm sure you have this covered but make sure you have some soft sloppy foods for the first few days, recovery food, baby food ect. When my Jem had that op she needed an almost liquid diet at first, her poor little gums were sore :(

But don't worry, she was back to stripping the wallpaper for us within a week or two :evil: :lol:

Hm i have no recovery food in -where can i get it from?

He is still in surgery! Poor darling. They have removed 3 teeth so far.

nibbles has tried baby food before and he hates it :lol:

he's home and not looking good :( poor thing. i have had to keep him in his carrier cos hes trying to run around and he is highly drugged up atm.

:( Poor thing is really tired. He has just had a bit of kale and thyme. He doesn't want to eat much which is understandable really, although he has had some water.

He is still very out of it but has pooped over night and has been eating and drinking. I have just given him some chopped up herbs and kale and he has started eating that too (albeit with his eyes closed!) We are off to the vets soon to get his medicine and figure out the correct dosage.

Poor Nibbles! Really glad he's eating, he is already doing better than Jem did!

I hope the vet is happy with his progress and don't worry too much, it is insane how fast they heal and get over it, especially with appropriate pain relief :thumb:

He has just had a run around, pooping everywhere and is now trying to eat hay. I'm not sure if he shuold be doing that yet?! But it's nice to see him eating.

Here are some photos ...

Not happy with you mummy!

1157697_10151564013188321_2060519061_n.jpg

Washing...
1410_10151564008888321_1082896798_n.jpg

As you can see, he's still very tired and poss under the influence of anaesthetic / pain killers... bless him!

Aww bless him :love:

I certainly wouldn't stop him eating hay although it sounds sore! Maybe try and offer him softish hay, that might help?

Aww bless him :love:

I certainly wouldn't stop him eating hay although it sounds sore! Maybe try and offer him softish hay, that might help?

Yes, I have some readigrass too but he's not interested in that. Wants to eat hay. I don't think he is in pain because he's eating OK, he's just very sleepy still. Will see what the vet thinks when we go back this morning

Back