• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Insurance

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
Hey :wave:

Can anyone recommend (or the opposite!), any rabbit insurance providers?

I am considering Pets at Home or Vets for Pets, as Benji is registered with Vets for Pets anyway.
I was told by the animal sanctuary I got April from that PetPlan weren't the best with rabbit insurance. :shock:

Thanks! :D

I wondered where you'd got to! :wave:

Petplan are definitely the best, trust me :wave: I've no idea why they would tell you that :?

They have never refused me anything, and I've claimed a LOT! :shock:

Hey :wave:

Can anyone recommend (or the opposite!), any rabbit insurance providers?

I am considering Pets at Home or Vets for Pets, as Benji is registered with Vets for Pets anyway.
I was told by the animal sanctuary I got April from that PetPlan weren't the best with rabbit insurance. :shock:

Thanks! :D

A lot of people have had problems with Pets at Home insurance. As Jane said, exotics direct are the other good one :wave:

I pay £21.21 per month for my two with Petplan ....Had no problems when I made a previois claim althou, they were a little slow with the claim....

Fee x

Last edited:
petplan have been excellent with charlie- he is a money pit!!!!! ive spent about 1000 on him in toatal so far... i think lol

I'm with Helpucover they were the cheapest premium and excess. They paid out really quickly with no arguments when Harvey was ill. There are some key things they don't cover though, non-emergency dental work (although I think lots of the others only do this too), they don't cover injuries inflicted by another pet (so if your rabbits fought and got injured, or another animal of yours got to them it wouldn't cover the vets fees then) and only covers 25% of dietary food. I don't know how the other insurances compare (because it was ages ago that I compared them, I just remember Helpucover was cheapest!), but I know Helpucover were really easy to claim from and paid very quickly.

not sure why they said petplan aren't the best for rabbits, as they are probrably one if the best, so id recommened them

Back