• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need some help with indoor flooring please

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
So Bear has started to chew the rug yaaaay!
At 1st I thought I'd just leave it done till it was bald, but the amount of fluff that's coming our of it I'm worried about him ingesting it.
There on a wood floor and I have no idea what to put down instead, it needs to cover quite a big surface area and be non slip. Also we still use there room as a bedroom so it need to not look to offensive!

This is what I'm working with, eventually the crate will go altogether but we have no where to up it at the moment!

null_zps4747a9f2.jpg

I have parquet floor and a rug but I'm luck as Doughnut isn't really a chewer or a digger, well she only has an interest in my lining paper not rugs!

I've gone lino in her playpen and that's easy to clean. I haven't stuck them to the floor just to each other so can it's one big piece if that makes sense but hasn't ruined the floor.

I have to say though I can't believe the gorgeous Bear would do such a thing, look at that innocent face!!

Is lino slippery for them?
They run around and binky a lot on the rug and really struggle on the wood.

I just get cheap ones from Wilkinsons which are a bit rough so she has some traction. If you don't get the really smooth ones they should be fine. I think a pack of about 5 is only a few pounds so maybe see how they get on with them in a small area. Unless you get something like a ratten mat which won't harm them but not sure it will last a long time with Bear!

Back