• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lovely people helping raise funds for Windwhistle. Post 21 :( :(

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
For the past few months many people have been donating items to be sold and the proceeds to go to Windwhistle.:thumb:

Well there is a bric a brac shop in the town and they have been buying some items from me and they in turn will sell them at a slightly higher price. During the past week I have managed to get £30.00 from them.:thumb::D

Now, things are going to get even better.

The couple who run the shop are going to let me display items which are for sale on a table specially designated for helping WW.

So no more cold car boots, table top sales, I just need to pay them a visit once or twice a week and pop more items on the table to be sold.

I was and still am overwhelmed by their kindness. Just imagine, even if just £5.00 is made a week, 50 weeks of the year , (well they might close the shop for holidays), that's £250.00 extra!!!!!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaay.

So if anyone feels like donating any bits and pieces, please send me a pm.

:thumb::D:D

Last edited:
That really is brilliant :)

What kind of things would you be looking for?.....what we like sending things back & forth to one another!

Oo, what great news! What kind of things would sell well? I have lots of bits and bobs, all in good condition, but not sure if it's the right kind of things!

Just sat down for 10 minutes as I have been working non stop since 7.00am!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, thank you for the offers of items to sell.

I haven't been into the shop to see what size table is being used but I would imagine that items on the smaller size are going to be best. Anything and everything that you think will help raise money for Windwhistle will be appreciated and of course much needed.

I will try to pop in tomorrow and see exactly what size table it is.........wouldn't it be great if it was a huge dinner table capable of seating 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, well I will have a wee browse for smaller items in my stash cupboard and let you know.

Ok, well I will have a wee browse for smaller items in my stash cupboard and let you know.

Thank you.

I think considering that the shop sells bric a brac.........................I will do the same and of course that means virtually anything can be sold there. Old cd, dvds, books, jewellery.....................etc, etc, etc!!!!!

I'm going to see Alice on Sunday and I will tell her about this wonderful new way of helping raise funds. Perhaps she may mention this to her helpers, who in turn could drop saleable items off to her and I then could collect and bring back here.

I'd better find time to have a rummage over the next few days and then get the table suitably attired:thumb:

Well I've been given loads of different things to sell.:thumb::D

6 bunny carriers c/o Windwhistle. Alice has given them to me and I will give them a good clean and then sell them. Converting excess items into cash.:thumb:

Jigsaws, soft toys, some old fashioned dollies, books, crockery, brand new bunny themed t.shirt............................

Let's hope this works well and Windwhistle are able to have a steady income to help with running the rescue.

I have been finding things over the weekend and putting them in the box, will send to you in a week or so.

Was wondering about unused toiletries, would they be ok? I get gift sets with certain things in that I don't use, so they are brand new.

I have been finding things over the weekend and putting them in the box, will send to you in a week or so.

Was wondering about unused toiletries, would they be ok? I get gift sets with certain things in that I don't use, so they are brand new.

Thank you Kermit.:thumb:

Yes I will try and sell unused toiletries too. I can't see any reason why they shouldn't sell.

The table is full of an eclectic mix of things. I will try and pop in the shop over the next few days and see if what has sold and how much money has been raised so far.

Even a couple of pounds per week, 52 weeks a year can help.

If anyone is ever in Pershore, the shop is called Sally's Bargains.:thumb:

Well so far a fortune has not been made, however total value of items sold stands at £5.00. Anything is better than nothing.:thumb:

Well so far a fortune has not been made, however total value of items sold stands at £5.00. Anything is better than nothing.:thumb:

Hope you get more :) But, as you said, £5 is better than £0 :)
My box of goodies for you has been packaged up and I am planning on posting it on Friday all going well.

Thanks Kermit.:thumb:

I'm starting to put on one side items which will be good as Christmas presents and in some cases Christmas themed too.

Just pm'd you Kermit.:thumb:

Well some lovely things have arrived today, many of which are going to be sold nearer Christmas. Perfect stocking fillers me thinks.:thumb:

Kermit, things could be better, but any money raised is better than nothing. I'm grateful that someone has given me some space in which to display the for sale items.:thumb:

Sam and Truffs, that's a fantastic idea. Thank you so much.:thumb:

Back