• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eeeek...long LONG shot, rabbit savvy bunny boarding in Notts needed for this wkend...

LainiT

Warren Scout
How do bunny's know when you're planning on going away for a weekend?? :roll:

We're meeting long lost friends on Friday, been planned and booked for over a year.....and Ellie chooses now to be poorly.

We're only going 10 mins up the road for the weekend so i was planning on coming back here every morning, then had my mum to pop in during the day too...all was fine.

But now Ellie has a suspected ear infection again, she's wobbly, currently at the vets cos she wasn't eating this morning. Sounds like she's turned a corner eating and pooing wise but is staying in tonight so I'm not sure how she is. If last time is anything to go by she'll be okish in a couple of days, but on the meds for a whole while yet.

What the heck am I gonna do. :( They are house rabbits, can't possibly leave them here alone now, my mum is allergic to bunnies so can't move in, am I expecting too much of Ellie to put her and Bandit in boarding so soon? And thats even if I can find somewhere that'll take them. OH and the kids will go absolutely NUTS if we don't go, its not possible to rearrange or postpone, no chance of them coming with me, feeling really really sad, torn, fed up and was sooooo looking forward to this weekend and now I want to cry. I already get the old 'put them in a pie' thing because I've had so much trouble with my buns lately...and now this. All I want is Ellie better...:cry: :cry:

How do bunny's know when you're planning on going away for a weekend?? :roll:

We're meeting long lost friends on Friday, been planned and booked for over a year.....and Ellie chooses now to be poorly.

We're only going 10 mins up the road for the weekend so i was planning on coming back here every morning, then had my mum to pop in during the day too...all was fine.

But now Ellie has a suspected ear infection again, she's wobbly, currently at the vets cos she wasn't eating this morning. Sounds like she's turned a corner eating and pooing wise but is staying in tonight so I'm not sure how she is. If last time is anything to go by she'll be okish in a couple of days, but on the meds for a whole while yet.

What the heck am I gonna do. :( They are house rabbits, can't possibly leave them here alone now, my mum is allergic to bunnies so can't move in, am I expecting too much of Ellie to put her and Bandit in boarding so soon? And thats even if I can find somewhere that'll take them. OH and the kids will go absolutely NUTS if we don't go, its not possible to rearrange or postpone, no chance of them coming with me, feeling really really sad, torn, fed up and was sooooo looking forward to this weekend and now I want to cry. I already get the old 'put them in a pie' thing because I've had so much trouble with my buns lately...and now this. All I want is Ellie better...:cry: :cry:

Would the Vet admit her and Bandit for the weekend ?

I really dont think you can put her into boarding.

I agree with Jane, I think if it would be possible keeping her at the vets would be better than boarding :)

Would the Vet admit her and Bandit for the weekend ?

I really dont think you can put her into boarding.

I kind of did mention it to the vet this morning but she didn't take the bait. They have hospital status so there's always someone there...I didn't know if that would be above and beyond their duty, I take it its not? Maybe an outright question then?

I kind of did mention it to the vet this morning but she didn't take the bait. They have hospital status so there's always someone there...I didn't know if that would be above and beyond their duty, I take it its not? Maybe an outright question then?

If you explain your situation they may agree. You will be charged though, more than a Boarding fee I expect

But Boarding really is not an option IMO, it is unlikely you would find one with vacancies for a healthy Rabbit at such short notice let alone one where the Rabbit would need to be quarantined and medicated.

If you explain your situation they may agree. You will be charged though, more than a Boarding fee I expect

But Boarding really is not an option IMO, it is unlikely you would find one with vacancies for a healthy Rabbit at such short notice let alone one where the Rabbit would need to be quarantined and medicated.

When she's stayed at the vets before I think its £25 for 12 hours...thats more than my holiday cost :( My head is completely mushed up over this...I've thought of all ways around it, ontop of the worry of her being ill anyway. If I'm honest I know its not fair to expect Ellie to go in boarding...why do they pick their times to be so poorly.

Have you tried Bunny Hall in ruddington?

I lnow the owner has looked after poorly buns before - one time we were there she had a bun with it's back leg pinned and splinted - I think was doing all the nursing care as the owners weren't able to.

Have you tried Bunny Hall in ruddington?

I lnow the owner has looked after poorly buns before - one time we were there she had a bun with it's back leg pinned and splinted - I think was doing all the nursing care as the owners weren't able to.

Thanks for that, I've not tried anywhere yet, I have absolutely no idea what to do for the best for Ellie. For 2 pins I would stay home and not go this weekend but that's letting everyone down...the best for Ellie I think is the vets if they're willing, but I'll give Bunny Hall a call, explain the situation and see what they say, at least I know my options depending on how Ellie is. :(

Back