• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fenugeek crunchies - experiences with these, digestion, weight, feeding amount etc

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I just wanted some advice on the fenugeek crunchies. First of all I have some at home but not in the packet, am I right in thinking they don't contain alfalfa?

I've discovered that alfalfa makes Doughnut constipated and has lead to all sorts of troubles. Since she has now lost weight I was going to see if I give her half of one of these if she is OK with them again. I was then going to see if I could give her half a day every day as would that help her gain weight or would this muck up her digestion? She hasn't had them in a couple of months and loves them.

Just wondered what experiences others had had with with these if the rabbit gets half a day every day or if that is too much.

I dont think they contain alfalfa.
To be honest Jimby and Cookie probably have too many in a day, we have cut right back and they now have 1-2 each per day.
I havent found any link to any digestive problems, if anything I think they act as a gut stimulant.

As Doughnut has multiple gut issues, I wouldn't feed them personally. It's not that they are harmful, but that when a rabbit has such a sensitive gut it is best to keep things simple. I wouldn't have thought that they would help her gain weight particularly, and they have no nutritional benefit to feeding them, so personally I would leave them out, along with all other treats.

They're just fenugreek and corn. :) Mine get one about once or twice a week, if Mini has one every day she gets sticky bum.

Yes I agree with Elena, if my Daisy has more than one a day her caecal dysbiosis seems to get worse!

Back