• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you ever look in the 'Rabbit care, health and advice section?

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Have a look as there are so many other RU members who don't post in Rabbit Chat and or General Chat.

So many questions asked by so many new bunny owners let's try to join in more as quite often some of the threads only get a few replies and or viewings.

Yes its a fantastic place to learn and share knowledge and thats what this forum is all about - I would love to get rid of GC

I try to answer as many questions as I can if I can. I dont always manage to respond to everyone though, sorry.

I go in general chat, rabbit chat and stories and photos.

I admit I must forget the advice sections are there and assume people post questions in rabbit chat. I don't have much advice to offer but I'll try and go in there more

No I don't look at those sections.

I have little experience regarding health issues or bonding.

I have got jumped on in the past for pushing free range houserabbits in the housing section so I stay in General/rabbit chat or stories and photo's.

If General chat goes, so will I!

Yes its a fantastic place to learn and share knowledge and thats what this forum is all about - I would love to get rid of GC

I'm with you on that one.

I visit health every time I come on but rarely post a reply as questions have already been answered and there is no point repeating someone elses reply

I look in health and diet, but not in behaviour/bonding or housing as much. It is actually worth looking and posting as some people who post in heath appreciate support even if you can't offer much advice, or only echo advice already given by an experienced rabbit carer.

I don't look in particular sections, I gp voa 'new posts' then go into threads that I fancy or can help with.

Behaviour & Bonding is the worst place, hardly anyone responds there, they have to put up with my **** advice sometimes

Behaviour & Bonding is the worst place, hardly anyone responds there, they have to put up with my **** advice sometimes

I used to try and post there but then there was that huge thread where some people basically said 'i don't know why this, this and this are always suggested' and I started thinking 'maybe I won't answer in there cos my advice doesn't seem right'. I don't seem to get time at the moment anyway.

Yep , housing mostly ! There's not much advice I can offer in health but I do answer if I can . Same with diet and behaviour - I'm not really very experienced but if there's something I can answer I will .

I go for 'new posts', so I see everything, and just scroll down from there and pick what I want to read. I'd never go through the sections individually - life's too short! :D

You don't want anyone to be able to talk about any other animals than rabbits? :?

I'm only here for GC now.

Been attacked too many times. Plus there's only so many times you can watch some innocent newbie get destroyed for buying a bunny from P@H in 2002.

I visit RC a couple of times a week - mainly to see if any of my forum friends have bunny problems. I go in housing for improvement ideas. If someone posts something I can help with & it's at the top - shows on the main menu - I answer if I can. There's plenty of people that know more than me anyway:D

I tend to go through New Posts but I try and help people out with their questions when I have time, but I don't always know the answers myself :oops::lol: or somebody else has already beaten me to it and I don't want to just repeat what they've said.

GC is fine when you're all behaving yourselves; it's just when there's trifle slinging and popcorn munching going on that I'd rather it didn't exist. ;):lol::lol:

I use the 'new posts' feature too, unless im looking for a certain thread.

'Fraid my life doesn't allow me the time to scour each section, just a cross section of it.

I do, but genrally I either have nothing useful to add or I would just get angry if I tried to reply and I dont want to end up having a go at someone and driving them away or getting myself an infractin!

If I can add a useful reply then I do, but its not often.:lol:

I do, I think it's more important to the forum than GC.

I agree with some of the comments above though, it's a shame when newbies get told off if they're trying their best.

I also think that there comes a point when you cant keep doling out the same advice and having it completely ignored. I am talking mainly about 'Health' here. Sometimes the only thing to suggest is to take the Rabbit to a Vet. But often that is not what the person wants to hear. I have to stand back from those types of threads now as they upset and annoy me in equal measures.

Back