• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foxie's teaching Bella his norty ways!

Jaffacake

Alpha Buck
Foxie was relegated to the run on hour ago because he has been once again attempting to burrow out of the garden. I filled in holes and covered them with paving slabs, but I've been tidying the house for my Mum's return from France and I don't have time to be checking for holes at the same time as tidying so he has had to stay in the run in time out :lol:. Bella however did not want to be in the run, and as she doesn't dig she's been in the main garden for the last hour. I mean, it's Foxie that's trouble, Bella's a good girl right?
WRONG :evil:

Just looked out of the window and she's climbed on top of a two tier hutch to eat the flowers in the hanging baskets :shock:
She was nibbling away when I looked outside and caught her and she stopped straight away and stared at me :lol:

'I wasn't eating the flowers Mummy I promise :oops:'

'I just like the view from up here! Look at this beautiful weather!'

'I promise I won't dig no more Mummy! Let me out so I can eat the hanging baskets too!'

Pasch and Sachmis the cats brought in a dead mouse this morning too. I am having a very difficult pet day :lol: Foxie is such a bad influence, he's teaching the others his norty ways. :roll:

Look at those cute little innocent faces :love:

They're such gorgeous bunnies , your Bella is so similar to my Pixie just with a mane :love:

Foxie, you bad boy, I'm sure Bella would never have thought of that on her own! I suspect he was trying to shift the 'bad bunny' label so he could get back to his own mischievousness.

Oh but look at that face! He would never ever do anything naughty! :lol:

How did Bella get up there?

Bella climbed onto the railway sleepers, then into a plant pot, then jumped onto the white table, then leaped onto the roof of the hutch :lol:
I watched her get down, very impressive :lol:

I went out about 15 minutes later to clean litter trays whilst the rain had stopped and she was in the run :shock: She must have climbed back onto the white table and jumped in to join him :shock: I was a bit worried because that's a high jump! But she's completely fine. :lol: She obviously decided she's had enough of the garden and wanted to cuddle her husbun :love:

I think the white table is going to have to be moved to stop all the 'Great Escape' stunts, and I'm going to have to have a little chat with Foxie to stop him leading his wifey astray :roll:

Look at those cute little innocent faces :love:

They're such gorgeous bunnies , your Bella is so similar to my Pixie just with a mane :love:

I was looking at photos of your Pixie the other day and thinking the same thing! She's gorgeous! :love: Pixie was one of the names we were considering for Bella, glad we didn't pick it because that would've been far too confusing :lol:

I was looking at photos of your Pixie the other day and thinking the same thing! She's gorgeous! :love: Pixie was one of the names we were considering for Bella, glad we didn't pick it because that would've been far too confusing :lol:

They do look so similar - I just showed my brother and I said " who's this ? " and he instantly said Pixie :lol: They're both such gorgeous bunnies :love:

I'm assuming she's a lionhead X ? do you know what she weighs? she looks a similar size to my Pixie.

They do look so similar - I just showed my brother and I said " who's this ? " and he instantly said Pixie :lol: They're both such gorgeous bunnies :love:

I'm assuming she's a lionhead X ? do you know what she weighs? she looks a similar size to my Pixie.

Haha, lost sisters! :lol:

Yes she is a lionhead x :D We got her from our local animal shelter and they said she was a Nethie cross lionhead :? She looks nothing like a nethie and she's bigger than Foxie! :lol: So I don't know where they got that idea from. :lol:

I don't know exactly how much Bella weighs sorry. She feels a lot more hefty than Foxie, but she looks around the same size. Foxie was weighed at the vets a couple of weeks ago at 1.9kg, so Bella would be a low 2kg something I'd guess... :p

How much does Pixie weigh? :) What breed/breeds do you think she is?

Haha, lost sisters! :lol:

Yes she is a lionhead x :D We got her from our local animal shelter and they said she was a Nethie cross lionhead :? She looks nothing like a nethie and she's bigger than Foxie! :lol: So I don't know where they got that idea from. :lol:

I don't know exactly how much Bella weighs sorry. She feels a lot more hefty than Foxie, but she looks around the same size. Foxie was weighed at the vets a couple of weeks ago at 1.9kg, so Bella would be a low 2kg something I'd guess... :p

How much does Pixie weigh? :) What breed/breeds do you think she is?

Oh bless her, I did think so as she does have a tufty hair do :love: Her head looks slightly Nethie shape to me.

I tried to weigh her last night but I only had small kitchen scales so only got a rough kind of reading but when we do go to the vets in the next week or so I will get the accurate weight hopefully - She's about 1.6/7kg so pretty small :love: When we adopted her Mairwen at Cottontails said she was a Nethie X Lop :) She should be roughly a year old now, she was 7 months when we adopted her in March.

She was an accidental litter that somebody had , they assumed they had two female rabbits ( A nethie and a Lop) and they ended up with 4 girls and when they were 8 weeks old they handed them in to rescue. They neutered their bunnies and kept them as a pair :) The girls were spayed at 4 months then paired off with male bunnies, Pixie (then Lola) was rehomed with one of their fosterer's and bonded with their house bun but for some reason they returned her as something did not work out after 3 months. They paired their rabbit off with another female.

We were so lucky as she only went back in to rescue a day and half before we were due to go and get Pickle re-paired :) She's a little gem - Could not of chosen a better human friendly bun if we tried :love:

Here's Pixie with here siblings - Click here

And here is her other adoption entry :)

Aww those photos are so lovely. And the bonding pics :love: Amazing! She's lucky to have found you (and Pickles obviously :lol:).

I just can't see any nethie in Bell; in some photos her head looks quite rounded, but when you stroke her it's actually quite long. Her ears are bigger than Foxies, and she's heavier than him (and much heavier than my last 'pure' lionhead Snowy). I had a lionhead dwarf lop before and Bella 'feels' like her but with uppy ears. Although she looks so much like Pixie I could be wrong... Pixie's head looks slightly more rounded than Bella's in those photos, and she is smaller too, but other than that they look so similar they definitely could've been from the same litter!

I love her no matter what so I don't care at all :) But it's quite interesting to try and figure it out. :p

Your rosemary plant is huge!! If I was a bun I would be nomming that all day! :thumb:

Haha, it is pretty big! They nibble on it occasionally, but they much prefer to spend the day munching the grass so it has survived mostly unharmed! :D
We had a 'protected' vegetable patch and they chewed their way through both sides to make a tunnel and ate all of our strawberry plants and the bottom part of our raspberry plant :roll: They can't eat the rest because it's too high but we have a few dozen ripe raspberries on there they keep trying (and failing ;)) to reach :lol:

Back