• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ear Ear

kazz

Alpha Buck
Sorry for the title :lol:

The last couple of days I've noticed Marley paying more attention to grooming. I know their saliva can turn their coat a slight tinge of a different colour and this is whats happened on his ears, but not on his back where he licks etc. This to me suggests hes probably licking his ears abd rubbing his nose more so?

20130805_170502_zpscadd3e1b.jpg
20130805_165805_zps5da028c4.jpg

These are two pics. We did flea him last Monday after other half felt one on his leg. We've treated then entire house and we didn't find anything on him but did it all as precautionary. He's in the house until we've got rid of the little creatures we couldn't identify on the wendyhouse. We checked him after apply advantage and he didn't seem to have any reactions, he did flake at the back of the neck but he has quite a tuft of hair and assumed it was part of it drying as the skin didn't look anything different to normal.

Is it me worrying or is there something usually linked to these marks?

Personally I don't think it's anything to worry about. Both my black bunnies and my black cat get brown patches of fur naturally when it's sunny especially round their ears x

Personally I don't think it's anything to worry about. Both my black bunnies and my black cat get brown patches of fur naturally when it's sunny especially round their ears x

Thank you for your reply!

I noticed him having a brown tinge in his moult fur but these just look like specific areas on the ears - the rest of him is really black, as if they're the bits he can reach? I think I possibly worry too much but just wanted to clarify :wave:

Thank you for your reply!

I noticed him having a brown tinge in his moult fur but these just look like specific areas on the ears - the rest of him is really black, as if they're the bits he can reach? I think I possibly worry too much but just wanted to clarify :wave:

I would say if the skin underneath looks ok, then there is nothing to worry about x

I've just scratched the skin where the marks are and the skin flaked off and the hair fell out. He's off to the vets tonight but if there anything it might be?

Back