• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty rabbit

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
(and other animal) stories!

As much as I love seeing photos and stories of well behaved bunnies, it's the stories of misbehaviour that are my favourite! So I think this thread should be to celebrate that naughty, cheeky, destructive, defiant streak we know all rabbits (and quite a few other species!) have!

I'll begin with my two's daily cheekiness. They're not allowed in the hallway so the living room door stays shut, the second it is opened they are there from across the room trying to get out! Recently they've realised that if they wait behind the door they can't be seen when it opens, meaning they can get out between legs before it's too late for the humans to respond!! Since the hot weather, open windows mean the door keeps swinging open, sometimes when I'm upstairs, they've now been found in all the bedrooms! I thought they learnt their lesson the other day when Harvey fell down the stairs and I cried (he was completely uninjured but it still scared me) but NO they're being even more cunning! I still haven't checked the shoes for nibbles yet :oops: they even know they're being naughty, they don't run away from me ever in the lounge, but in the hallway they put cheeky grins on their faces and run circuits around me finding it hilarious before binkying back into the lounge! :roll:

Leave your stories, short or long about the naughty things your animals have done!

Lola is only really meant to stay in the kitchen (its pretty big) and she's made the habit of making a mad dash for freedom into the hallway/living room. She sits behind the door too and more than once I have hurt her foot with the door, but I can't see through doors.to know which one she's at! You'd think they'd learn! Also, we can np longer use the worktop at the far end of the kitchen. She can hop onto her cage, then onto the window sill, across onto the worktop. You couldn't prepare food there (not that you would because of the poo she might leave:lol:) because she would hop up and steal it, and she can reach her food cupboard from there too so feeding is a nightmare :lol: she's very often asleep on there or in the window sill when its sunny. Oh, and if you have pjama bottoms, she comes and bites/scratches them and it bloody hurts when she nips your leg! :evil:

Lola is only really meant to stay in the kitchen (its pretty big) and she's made the habit of making a mad dash for freedom into the hallway/living room. She sits behind the door too and more than once I have hurt her foot with the door, but I can't see through doors.to know which one she's at! You'd think they'd learn! Also, we can np longer use the worktop at the far end of the kitchen. She can hop onto her cage, then onto the window sill, across onto the worktop. You couldn't prepare food there (not that you would because of the poo she might leave:lol:) because she would hop up and steal it, and she can reach her food cupboard from there too so feeding is a nightmare :lol: she's very often asleep on there or in the window sill when its sunny. Oh, and if you have pjama bottoms, she comes and bites/scratches them and it bloody hurts when she nips your leg! :evil:

:shock: on the kitchen worktop! That's impressive!! Cheeky rabbit! I love how they know exactly where you don't want them to go, and make it their mission to go there :lol:

It looks like we're the only ones with naughty bunnies! Though somehow I don't believe that all the rest of the bunnies on here are little angels with no naughty habits :p

My bunnies are on a mission to chew through the dining room door! My OH drilled an extra block of wood over the bit they chew but they have gone through that and have started on the door again! I have to tie the door handle onto a gate to stop them escaping at night! :roll:

My bunnies are on a mission to chew through the dining room door! My OH drilled an extra block of wood over the bit they chew but they have gone through that and have started on the door again! I have to tie the door handle onto a gate to stop them escaping at night! :roll:

That's some determination! :lol: I really hope I don't have my rabbits reading this over my shoulder though, so far their determination to get through the door hasn't advanced to making a hole through it, I wouldn't want to give them any ideas :p

Here is their handy work! If anyone has any ideas how to stop them please let me know! :roll:

Here is their handy work! If anyone has any ideas how to stop them please let me know! :roll:

Wow they have been working hard!!!

When mine started nibbling the sofa I put a tiny drop of metacam on it :oops: they both despise the stuff so they stay away from it.... for about a day.... :roll: I've moved the sofa now, that seems to have been all they wanted so they have stopped!

I just created a thread about my buns norty antics today :lol:
I remember one time Foxie was in the kitchen and I was sat in the lounge watching TV when I heard some rustling... went into the kitchen and Foxie had climbed on to the kitchen table and was sat in my sister's lunch box eating her left over crisps :lol::lol:

I just created a thread about my buns norty antics today :lol:
I remember one time Foxie was in the kitchen and I was sat in the lounge watching TV when I heard some rustling... went into the kitchen and Foxie had climbed on to the kitchen table and was sat in my sister's lunch box eating her left over crisps :lol::lol:

And to think I would have thought crisps would have been safe from rabbits because they're so salty I thought rabbits would recoil from them!! Naughty Foxie! :lol:

I left my laptop, unplugged, with the wire coiled up neatly, on top of the piano... Next time I wanted to use it I took it outside, picked up the plug and found this:

20130714_144109.jpg

Funny Bunny, if humans eat it, Foxie wants to eat it... end of. :lol:

I thought of some more naughty things he has done. This is really not a good idea, I find myself getting very cross with him! :lol: He's practically ruining my life ;)

1) He chewed through the strap on my camera lens cap so I keep losing it.
2) In ONE BITE he severed the cord on my £40 headphones as I tried to stop him from chewing my Mum's jeans.
3) He tried to reproduce with the cat repeatedly...
4) He tried to burrow through the kitchen tiles and has scratched them all in the corner.
5) As previously mentioned he is always trying to steal our food.
6) I was sunbathing in the garden and he wanted attention which I wouldn't give him so he climbed onto my chest and ATTACHED HIMSELF TO MY NOSE!!! :evil: I currently have a rabbit teeth shaped scar at the end!!!
7) He started eating my little sister's homework.
8) He digs burrows out of the garden.
9) He made a run from the back garden to the front door in an attempt to escape.
10) He's chewing his way out of his nice new hutch.
11) He ate all our strawberry plants.

*Sigh* but he has such a cute little face I just forgive him anyway :roll:

The only room mine are not allowed in is my room as Ive got special Harry Potter and Doctor who stuff in there (and now baby Prince George stuff)... Tonic doesnt go any furthur than the living room as he dont like wooden fllor, but Peggy darts straight upstairs into my room and sits right under my bed knowing that I can not get to her from either side (big kingsize bed). Ive even tried gently throwing socks etc at her to get her out and she just thumps her feet and stays put! :lol: She gets called a moobag at those times! lol And she will chew through any wire she can get hold of. She is currently trying to get into my bisquits! lol x

Funny Bunny, if humans eat it, Foxie wants to eat it... end of. :lol:

I thought of some more naughty things he has done. This is really not a good idea, I find myself getting very cross with him! :lol: He's practically ruining my life ;)

1) He chewed through the strap on my camera lens cap so I keep losing it.
2) In ONE BITE he severed the cord on my £40 headphones as I tried to stop him from chewing my Mum's jeans.
3) He tried to reproduce with the cat repeatedly...
4) He tried to burrow through the kitchen tiles and has scratched them all in the corner.
5) As previously mentioned he is always trying to steal our food.
6) I was sunbathing in the garden and he wanted attention which I wouldn't give him so he climbed onto my chest and ATTACHED HIMSELF TO MY NOSE!!! :evil: I currently have a rabbit teeth shaped scar at the end!!!
7) He started eating my little sister's homework.
8) He digs burrows out of the garden.
9) He made a run from the back garden to the front door in an attempt to escape.
10) He's chewing his way out of his nice new hutch.
11) He ate all our strawberry plants.

*Sigh* but he has such a cute little face I just forgive him anyway :roll:

Number 3 :lol: poor cat!!!

He definitely sounds like he knows exactly how to wind you up :lol

The only room mine are not allowed in is my room as Ive got special Harry Potter and Doctor who stuff in there (and now baby Prince George stuff)... Tonic doesnt go any furthur than the living room as he dont like wooden fllor, but Peggy darts straight upstairs into my room and sits right under my bed knowing that I can not get to her from either side (big kingsize bed). Ive even tried gently throwing socks etc at her to get her out and she just thumps her feet and stays put! :lol: She gets called a moobag at those times! lol And she will chew through any wire she can get hold of. She is currently trying to get into my bisquits! lol x

Under the bed is a nightmare isn't it?! Rabbits are far too intelligent!

I accidentally left a packet of crackers on the floor in the living room last night :oops: less than half left, but this morning all are gone :( they were in a closed box, in the plastic wrapper which would have been folded over and they got in and ate everything :oops: I was wondering why all their water was gone, all that salt must have made them so thirsty! I'm now on poo duty to check if they've caused themselves harm, today is going to be fun.... :(

Fiver is the king of nortiness! He has done so many norty things and has chewed EVERYTHING in my room...even the door!

A few weeks ago I was cleaning the buns out, my door was open because I was going in and out constantly. Fiver was hopping about on the landing exploring the dog's room etc. I was in the bathroom cleaning their tray in the bath. I took my eyes of him for about 5 mins... I suddenly heard my Mam shout up the stairs, "Do you know Fiver is in the garden!?!?!" :shock: :shock: :lol:
He had legged it down the stairs, through the hallway, through the living room, through the kitchen and out into the garden. The little :censored:! I had to abandon everything and try to round him up and put him in the run whilst I finished the my room. :roll:
I can't tell you the amount of times I've gotten up at some stupid time in the morning for the loo and forgot to shut my door and ended up having to run down the stairs and turn the alarm off to get Fiver out of the front room. :roll: :lol::lol: It's such a good job there's nothing he can get into.

He thinks it's a brilliant game and usually binkies whenever I shout at him and chase him back up the stairs. :roll:

I'm so glad Xena won't venture out of my room! :thumb:

and jeans. Why oh why?!?! :lol::love:

Nortieness of Lola is massive.

Where to start!! :lol:

Any wires she can get hold of, 2 house cables, 5 iphone cables, 2 s2 cables, 2 laptop cables. Radio cable on the kichen table.

Oh t-shirts(well he will leave them on the floor)
Jeans, comfys, pjs, bra's, socks.

The tv!!
Anything wooden thats not a toy!! Doors in the hall are chewed to bits. She has heaps of toys and chew sticks.

Tries to eat anything we are having. The other day i had hidden Jammie dodgers in my seat and i was in the kitchen and it went quiet. Went through and she had both out of the pack trying to quickly eat them.

When she gets picked up and put down she binkies away laughing.

i would not change her for the world tho!! :love:

I think I've posted this before but one time my OH fell asleep on the settee (Little's not allowed in the living room unspervised). In 30 mins, she ate:
Both cordless phone power leads
Both cordless phone phone lines
The internet phone line and power lead
1 Apple charger
2 mini USB chargers

She's also eat probably 20 pairs of headphone wires. She actually eats them too, not just biting through. She eats the post a lot too. And carpet. And the doors. And the bookshelf. And magazines. And anything made of leather. She's done £250 damage to my partners work shirts and trousers... and ruined countless pairs of shoes. She;ll also hide in the weirdest tinyest spaces that you'd never expect a bun to be able to get into so you run around the house thinking she's escaped.

She's a pain. :lol:

Under the bed is a nightmare isn't it?! Rabbits are far too intelligent!

I accidentally left a packet of crackers on the floor in the living room last night :oops: less than half left, but this morning all are gone :( they were in a closed box, in the plastic wrapper which would have been folded over and they got in and ate everything :oops: I was wondering why all their water was gone, all that salt must have made them so thirsty! I'm now on poo duty to check if they've caused themselves harm, today is going to be fun.... :(

Two words; broom, handle.

Little is a pain for darting under the bed the second the bedroom door is opened... the broom, now known as the bunny poking stick, is the best thing to flush her out! :lol:

Back