• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just found Sandy dead. UD post 61

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
No clear idea what, she's been brilliant- think maybe her heart has failed (vet found a heart murmur at her check up last week) or maybe the dreaded cocci (she's always had a rough gut but it had improved recently after her abscess healed but this morning it smelt off in the aviary).

Just gutting.

Roger (my wildie) really needs thoughts and vibes- this is his third wife he has outlived and he's not been well himself recently (again not sure why but its been going in for a few weeks its now looking like an abscess).

Poor poor boy. He was all sat snuggled with her.

I feel sick.

Last edited:
I am so sorry you have lost Sandy. :cry::cry::cry: Its a terrible shock when you find them gone and you have no idea why.

Millions of vibes that Roger will be alright and that he doesn't have an abscess. Hugs to you. xxx

Thanks guys. She looked relatively peaceful although she may well have bitten the inside if her mouth because front left looked a but inflamed- actually she may well have bashed it because she was near the base if the ramp. God what if she fell.

I don't know what I should be doing. Getting a pm? Treating for cocci incase? Is it likely? Could it be a vaccination reaction (combo was done fri 27th July)? Just... What do I do? Getting all the meds right for the rest of the crew was hard enough and that's routine.

What am I supposed to do?

I think if it was me I would get a PM, you will just be panicking otherwise about the other buns. At least then you should know what happened xxx

Back