• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys & accessories for rabbits

Coggit

Young Bun
Hey there,

I'm fairly new to Rabbit keeping, and it sort of just "happened" so we were unprepared (so no toys, no nothing!). We have bought some stuff for him, but not much as we new we were getting around £150 in Amazon gift vouchers, so we plan on spending all that on him. Thing is, I'm looking on Amazon and everything is so unspecific... with some items saying "for rabbits and Rats" on stuff like tunnels, which obviously probably isn't the case and is more than likely too small for a rabbit, same goes for guinea pig houses.

So any recommendations on Amazon.co.uk would be great!

Thank you :)

I wouldn't bother spending that much on rabbit toys to be honest. Home made toys are just as good and free. Cardboard boxes, toilet roll tubes,egg boxes, plastic trays filled with soil for digging. I do have some of the children's plastic stools that mine loves to throw around, they were only about a pound each.

The toys I listed are all ones my lot have had and used. They can be bought cheaper else where though.

Cardboard boxes are a must and mine love soft things to lay on (throws, dog beds etc). The best thing to keep your bunny happy is a friend though. They love to sit together and groom. Not something you can get from amazon (or the neutering that is required too).

x

the only things i'd recommend are the green snugglesafe tubes, some cardboard rolls with hay and treats in, also mine like chucking stuff about so maybe anything like that :D they also like the wicker tree things, a bit like happybun posted with the carrots but they're on a tree instead

I wouldn't bother spending that much on rabbit toys to be honest. Home made toys are just as good and free. Cardboard boxes, toilet roll tubes,egg boxes, plastic trays filled with soil for digging. I do have some of the children's plastic stools that mine loves to throw around, they were only about a pound each.

:thumb:

If you have children (or you can stop by a charity shop) some children's toys work perfectly for rabbits! Children's chairs, plastic keys, jingly balls etc. work nicely :D

I would def get a couple of snuggle safe...they can be used on the winter months if bunny lives outdoors as a heat pad..mine used them..however if oyu have 2 bunnies that live together - its even better as body heat is warmer and more comfortable & social for them. Always ensure they are neutered though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SnuggleSafe-Microwave-Wireless-Heatpad-Fleece/dp/B0014LJKUA

You can also get the ice-pods....mine love these for hot days...I also freeze 2litre coke bottles which they lay against...but the pods are great for the buns t lay on top of and last a few hours

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scratch-and...=UTF8&qid=1375626329&sr=1-1&keywords=ice+pods

I would buy
X2 Ice pods
X2 Snuggle safe heat pods

:wave:

Mine have lasted years now;)

Back