• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had a woman refuse to come into my house.....

Kavanne

Mama Doe
... Because of the bunnies!!!:lol:

'Are they just running about on the floor??'
'Well... Yes'
'No no no no...'

It was a viewing as my landlady is selling. The husband came in and even asked what kind of bunny Clover is (lionhead) but I was just like what.. The...????? I thought people might be put off by them but I never expected that!!!!

Since it was a viewing for the landlady and the lady was clearly uncomfortable, I would have offered to put them away to be honest.

:shock::lol: how could anyone be afraid of bunnies? But I guess some may say the same about spiders! :shock:

You may have to pop them in a pet carrier. When we had viewings I used to have to put mine in an indoor hutch in a corner and cover it with a throw. Pets can be one of the main reasons that put people off making an offer. You and I may not care but many people are put off by animals. Also your landlady may get annoyed this put off a viewer if she gets feedback from them.

You may have to pop them in a pet carrier. When we had viewings I used to have to put mine in an indoor hutch in a corner and cover it with a throw. Pets can be one of the main reasons that put people off making an offer. You and I may not care but many people are put off by animals. Also your landlady may get annoyed this put off a viewer if she gets feedback from them.

I was hoping that she would wait til I moved before having viewings but everyone on my other thread made me feel better. Now I am getting the opposite message!

My flat is clean it's just when you sit on the sofa a bunny might come and check you out (the same as a friendly cat!)

Aww, poor lady being scared of bunnies... she's really missing out in life! How does anyone live without bunny love?

A lot of people here are scared of rabbits. I sometimes bring Bojangles into school for the kids to pet and I have co-workers who will not come near her because they are scared. I went on a date with a guy and I invited him in as I finished getting ready. He was terrified of her and would not go near her, that is how I knew this was not a good guy and didn't go out with him again.

A lot of people here are scared of rabbits. I sometimes bring Bojangles into school for the kids to pet and I have co-workers who will not come near her because they are scared. I went on a date with a guy and I invited him in as I finished getting ready. He was terrified of her and would not go near her, that is how I knew this was not a good guy and didn't go out with him again.

:lol:

I don't get it when people are scared of harmless animals. What do they expect the bunnies will do, chase them around the house or something :lol: If they're free ranging it's a pretty clear indication that they're friendly.

I was hoping that she would wait til I moved before having viewings but everyone on my other thread made me feel better. Now I am getting the opposite message!

My flat is clean it's just when you sit on the sofa a bunny might come and check you out (the same as a friendly cat!)

Its not about clean, its about how people view the property. Most agents, television programmes on selling properties and articles all advise to either take the pet out for the day, ie mainly dogs or put them where no one will see them, as it can put people off or reduce the price. Its not about us the owner, it about the person viewing who will have preconceived ideas of stains, smells and damage, whether its there or not.

http://homebuying.about.com/od/sellingahouse/qt/sellwithpets.htm

It can reduce the price of a property by 5 %

http://www.moneywise.co.uk/home-mortgage/selling/10-things-will-affect-the-value-your-home

When we bought our house, the previous owner's kids had wrecked it :shock:. Crayon all over the walls, stickers stuck on every surface etc. They hadn't even bothered to try to clean it up :roll:. Give me pets any day :lol:.

My grandfather always said if someone does not like animals, don't trust them. My uncle's wife (I don't call her my aunt, she is his second wife and she does not leave a good impression on the rest of the family,) does not like animals. We took a family vacation once to Virginia Beach. They live in Maryland and my uncle invited us to his house to spend a couple of days on our way down there (I am from Ohio.) We told him that my mother's purebred, show dog quality, black cocker spaniel would be with us. He said this was not a problem; he had an extremely lovable Chesapeake Bay Retriever with his first wife and always had dogs growing up, so we knew he would be cool with the dog. We get there and his wife threw a tantrum about how dirty dogs were. Mind you, this was a purebred, show dog. He was absolutely beautiful and he knew it. She threw such a fit that my mother ended up sleeping out in our van with her dog because she refused to have him sleep out there in a car alone. My uncle wanted us to stay a couple of days, but after that night we left and spent the rest of our days before Virginia Beach with my cousin and her family. I am friends with my uncle's wife on Facebook so she is aware I now have a rabbit. She constantly makes snide remarks about how dirty animals are on the pictures I post and she is always asking me what my boyfriend thinks of her. When I told her my boyfriend has three cats so he doesn't care about my rabbit; she made snide remarks about that. (And before anyone asks, I am only friends with her to keep the peace in my family. She was friends with me before I came to Korea and dropped me because I "don't take Facebook seriously." When I came to Korea, I became interesting again so she tried to re-friend me. I ignored her request until she really started to whine to my uncle about it and my uncle whined to my parents giving them grief. So, I am friends with her and my poor parents don't have to hear the childish whining.) But, I know she will never visit my home now because I have the "dirty rabbit."

Back