• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone else's rabbit chirp?

bunnyo1

Young Bun
Just wondering, whenever my male bun goes up to my female she starts chirping (they are in the middle of bonding)

They have both been neutered a while ago, I think she's just chatty. Either that or annoyed at him for pestering her!

He also honks a lot. What sounds do your bunnies make?

:)

My female bunny grunts at me when she's in a mood :lol: and buzzes at me when I come into the room and she's pleased to see me :lol:.

Out of my four buns Poppy has never made any vocal noises, Barry who is deaf honks really loud hence the nickname Mr Honky, Bobby honks when he is due his pellets or excited to see me and Rosie up until a week ago would grunt when she was eating but has stopped since she made friends with Bobby. Rosie also honks when she is running around the house. All in all, buns can be very vocal in my experience. I haven't heard the chirping though, my piggies used to chirp sometimes ( the guinea pig song) :D

When Mae was alive she cooed like a wood pigeon it was lovely :love: Sebastian has audibly purred before but normally it's silent, as is Imogens purring. Imogen squeaks if she's really upset, normally during medicating, I can shave her face without her flinching but try and medicate her and she panics :(
I had never heard a rabbit buzz before until recently I was looking after CarlyS's rabbits, I went in to feed 2 of her buns and heard this buzzing which I assumed was a wasp :shock: turned out it was her bunny Arthur who was pleased to see me :lol:

bless :love: I love it when they make their little teeth chatter purs when I give them head rubs :3 I have only heard mine growl once or twice when they've been in a really stroppy mood

When Mae was alive she cooed like a wood pigeon it was lovely :love: Sebastian has audibly purred before but normally it's silent, as is Imogens purring. Imogen squeaks if she's really upset, normally during medicating, I can shave her face without her flinching but try and medicate her and she panics :(
I had never heard a rabbit buzz before until recently I was looking after CarlyS's rabbits, I went in to feed 2 of her buns and heard this buzzing which I assumed was a wasp :shock: turned out it was her bunny Arthur who was pleased to see me :lol:

aww bless I don't think I could shave mine at all - they'd fight me! medicating can be a nightmare, when I had to give them painkillers Jaycie was happy but Freddie would struggle and kick if I tried. In the end my boyfriend had to do it - for some reason he trusted him and not me (probably because I took him to the vets for his neutering and check ups lol)

Ludo constantly does happy grunts...I thought it would stop when he was neutered, but no! I know he's happy because he does it when I feed him and when he's racing around.

He also has a very loud tooth-purr, reserved for when I stroke his jawline! :lol:

He honked once, because the food was very delayed. (I was moving it around in the tins).

I love bunny noises! :love::love:

Persie has only started making a grunt noise, kind of sounds like an oink and he does it over & over, we first heard it a couple of days ago & boy did it make us smile, so cute :D he seems to do it when he gets over excited

Back