• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few recent pix of Mimzy-as requested :)

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
I've had some folks ask to see a recent shot of Mimzy. I took these last week.
They're not the best because I can't get on a good level with him while he's in the exercise pen, but at least his head isn't as tippy as it was in the last pictures I posted of him. :)

His favorite snoozy spot

The flash made him stand up :(

Close up...smile buddy! :love:

He's got way too much fur but he won't let me groom him. He actually looks pretty tatty right now because I have to pick my moments to snatch a few hanging tufts as he goes by. :( Now the middle of his back is all different lengths. I wish he was like one of my old Bridge cats...she used to love being vacuumed!
His down eye also looks much better in these shots than it does today. Despite the abx ointment and eye drops it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
At least he is a bit more filled out than he was in the pictures I took of him a year ago. He was so thin then. Now he's a proper weight. :)

Ah yes...the unique coat of the rex and how once it begins to go...it ALL goes....in bits and bobs here and there! :lol:
Fiver has the same problem. His is usually a stress moult though and even a trip to the sink for a bummy bath will set it off. :(

These pictures do not show how bad it is right now, Mimzy's lost the whole saddle across his back (the undercoat is growing back already) and of course he's got too much bum fluff...He used to love being combed out, now it seems to terrify him. :(
All three bunnies are very irritable in the heat these last few days, so any contact sets them off in a dither. :roll:

Ah yes...the unique coat of the rex and how once it begins to go...it ALL goes....in bits and bobs here and there! :lol:
Fiver has the same problem. His is usually a stress moult though and even a trip to the sink for a bummy bath will set it off. :(

These pictures do not show how bad it is right now, Mimzy's lost the whole saddle across his back (the undercoat is growing back already) and of course he's got too much bum fluff...He used to love being combed out, now it seems to terrify him. :(
All three bunnies are very irritable in the heat these last few days, so any contact sets them off in a dither. :roll:

I guess Mimz may think if he is being groomed he might also be picked up which would probably make him feel all dizzy.

When Morse had that awful vestibular episode he was TERRIFIED of being picked up :cry: So unlike Morse. It was clearly because his world went into a wild spin as he was moved :cry:

I did find that covering his eyes helped reduce his panic.

I usually groom him on the floor. He hates being moved so I lift him as little as possible, but he hops off so I guess his own movement might be jostling him enough to disturb him. :(
I'll try resting him in my lap with the eye covering technique and see if it helps. Thank you for the idea, Jane. :)

Maybe that's why he just lays around so much now...even simple movement is too much. :(
Time to break out the meclizine again perhaps. :?

Thank you too Susie Bun. :) I'm not great with the camera but I think he makes up for it in sheer cuteness. ;)

Aww bless him :love: he is like my Olly, isn't he! :love: what's wrong with his down eye? Olly doesn't use his, that side of his face is almost like he had a stroke :( it doesn't seem to bother him though. I never pick Olly up either, he's always hated it, from being a baby!
It's nice to see your boy :love:

Oddly I think Mimzy sees better with that eye than his up eye, he often catches sight of me with that one first. Of course his up eye is brewing a cataract so....
He seems to have either an infection or it is just persistently picking up dirt because it is always weepy. His down eye also has less moisture than his up eye. I have to keep drops in and we're using an abx ointment in the evenings for him. I will have to call the vet this week and see if we want to try something different, the effect of this one is decreasing.

Thank you for your kind words. :) Yes, he and Olly could be brothers. :) How is your boy doing these days?

:love::love::love::love::love:

Not tatty at all. Cutie-pie looks like a **** pile. :lol: My home is full of tumble weeds of fur.

BTW that word was "S hag". :lol:

He's only become hard to groom since his head tilt. I used to have no trouble and we were regular at it. But he's got so much built up undercoat now it's really hard to get it all off at once.
Fiver is simple, just wet a hand and fuss him. It comes off in droves. :roll:
Pip is so uppity when it comes to grooming that you really have to make it worth her while. When she gets used to it she'll sit and wash anything in front of her until you finish, but most of her fur won't moult all at one time, so she gets what a friend of mine calls 'ghetto booty' (I hope that doesn't offend anyone or gets caught by the filter).
At least any of them are easier to groom than my cats! :shock:

Back