• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rainbow Rabbit Accommodation Improvements - very pic heavy sorry!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Last autumn we built these three Rainbow cottages. They have proved a huge success in all respects so this spring we started building more. Unfortunately the wet then very hot weather set us back a fair bit, but slowly we are getting there!

These are cottages 2-4 built last autumn
P1030645.jpg

First we had to clear the old shed - easier said than done as the aviary was built round it!

P1040606.jpg

P1040609.jpg

Rainbow Cottage number 5 going in place

P1040620.jpg

Putting new aviary panels in place

P1040636.jpg

P1040646.jpg

Insulation and adding a sleeping area

P1040637.jpg

P1040653.jpg

Putting on a new aviary roof - never want to have to do that again!

P1040687.jpg

P1040686.jpg

Cottage 5 completed

P1050003.jpg

A very happy bruce and prudence

P1050090.jpg

Cottage number 6 going up

P1040940.jpg

Insulation and sleeping area going in

P1040979.jpg

P1040999.jpg

Cottage finished

P1050107.jpg

The divide was finished yesterday and Lacey moved in this afternoon. So far she hasn't ventured into the run but loves her sleeping area

P1050110.jpg

P1050109.jpg

P1050108.jpg

P1050106.jpg

P1050105.jpg

The next job is to renovate Rainbow Cottage one, which is by the house. Then we are planning to get number 7. It will be going next to Lacey's here. Although since we sold our spare hutch and gave Errol and Biro the top of their hutch to play on they seem quite happy!

P1050069.jpg

Last edited:
They look so cute Liz. Such a lot of hard work but you must be really pleased with how they've turned out.

Those are amazing! I love when the accommodation is snazzy as well as being functional :D

They are amazing :shock: I love them :love:

Is the sleeping area a pain to clean, on your hands and knees, does the whole front come out?

Oh wow, they look lovely. :love: I really like the hideaway areas you've added. I can't even tell which bits were painted in the dark either as it all looks really neat. ;):lol:

Oh, and I love the 'young at heart' sign - it sounds much like myself! :oops::lol:

Your bunnies have such a wonderful home Liz, they are very lucky buns indeed :love: I remember how much hard work it took us to just put up one playhouse/aviary, and we still arn't done and the buns are still not bonded and living in theirs :( I can only imagine the work that went into all yours!!

Oh wow, they look lovely. :love: I really like the hideaway areas you've added. I can't even tell which bits were painted in the dark either as it all looks really neat. ;):lol:

Oh, and I love the 'young at heart' sign - it sounds much like myself! :oops::lol:

Why thank you.... I think ;) :lol::lol:

They are amazing :shock: I love them :love:

Is the sleeping area a pain to clean, on your hands and knees, does the whole front come out?

Just the middle bits slide out but they are big enough to make it easy to reach the whole inside. Lacey's only has a litter tray on each side and a bit of vet bed in the middle so really easy to clean. I will probably turn the whole thing to thick hay in winter.

As I am dizzy a lot of the time I prefer cleaning out on my hands and knees as long as I have some thing soft to kneel on. Can't fall far when you are already on the ground :D

Back