• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Cant Quite Believe This-Updated 15th August

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Last Mother's Day I bought a miniature Rose for my late Mum. After doing well for about 8 weeks it started to wilt. I am hopeless with any type of plant, so I am used to this happening. Anyway, I removed most of the dying bits, re-potted what looked to be reasonably healthy and put loads of Bunny poo compost in too.

Then I placed it in a sun spot. But it became apparent that the Rose had developed a fungal infection. On reading about non chemical treatments I set about carefully cleaning the white powder off the leaves using vinegar and then I coated each leaf with olive oil. I then repotted the Rose yet again, adding more Bunny Poo compost. I placed the Rose back in the sun spot. It appeared to suddenly spring into life and all I did was make sure the compost did not dry out.

I went to check on it today only to find that it has started to bud !! Real little baby Roses. Then I realised, today would have been my Mum's 83rd Birthday.....................

Sorry the close ups are blurred, I think I was shaking

Happy Birthday Mum xx

Last edited:
Lovely! Do you know what colour it will be when it blossoms?

I love roses :love: happy birthday to your mum too, I'm sure she's very happy with it!

Awww. thats fabulous..... Someones looking down on you Jane.....

Happy Birthday to your Mum... xxxx

Aw lovely, you will have to take another picture to show us when it blooms! (Is that the right word? I'm not green fingered at all) xx

A wonderful memory plant.

its funny how these things happen... just a reminder that she is never far away.

wave:

Back