• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hamster cage clean out (Apollo)

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Apollo went in the bath while I did a full cage clean out :) I usually do one every 5 or so months but I wanted to get him onto Fitch fully so it's only been 3 months.

null_zpseae46480.jpg

null_zps7780ec6c.jpg

The Alexander -

I ended up taking the T'ish tubes out though!

null_zps0ae04483.jpg

null_zps7c946826.jpg

null_zps70687ea5.jpg

null_zpsb1c4d380.jpg

And Apollo himself.. The hamster who sleeps for an eternity but when he's awake he is so very hard to photograph.

null_zpsfadc274e.jpg

null_zpsc6a1fc94.jpg

Last edited:
TOILET ROLL TUBES!!!! Of course!!! How did I forget?!? My hammies used to love them! I have loads spare because I keep them to make towers and pyramids for the rabbits to knock over :oops:

The cage looks great :D and Apollo is a cutie :love: I've now learnt the difficulty of photographing a hamster so I feel your annoyance! I think I have about 50 photos of a blur on my camera :lol:

That is one cool hamster home :thumb:

Thank you :D

TOILET ROLL TUBES!!!! Of course!!! How did I forget?!? My hammies used to love them! I have loads spare because I keep them to make towers and pyramids for the rabbits to knock over :oops:

The cage looks great :D and Apollo is a cutie :love: I've now learnt the difficulty of photographing a hamster so I feel your annoyance! I think I have about 50 photos of a blur on my camera :lol:

Phoebe is a poser! She's great to photograph but Apollo is a damn nightmare, always on the move :lol:

Apollo likes his tubes (we have about 30 tubes now :oops: I use them for the rabbits too:lol:) but Phoebe is obsessed with tubes, she has 4 at any one time and destroys at least 2 a week!

He's fantastic, love his cage too and you've managed to make me buy some of that bedding stuff. :oops::lol:

Soooooo cute! Is that chinchilla sand? I was thinking of getting Domino some :) He likes rolling in the corner of his cage (when he needs a wee :roll: ) and I think he'll love it :D

Soooooo cute! Is that chinchilla sand? I was thinking of getting Domino some :) He likes rolling in the corner of his cage (when he needs a wee :roll: ) and I think he'll love it :D

Yeah :D some will say sand but it looks really dusty, don't get that stuff as it really is dust! You can also use children's play sand :) but you just have to bake it for a bit to get rid of the bacteria stuff that may be on there :)

Apollo has 3 as he uses them as toilets, so easy to sieve :thumb:

Yeah :D some will say sand but it looks really dusty, don't get that stuff as it really is dust! You can also use children's play sand :) but you just have to bake it for a bit to get rid of the bacteria stuff that may be on there :)

Apollo has 3 as he uses them as toilets, so easy to sieve :thumb:

What kind do you get? then I'll just order that kind :lol:

We got him a huge excercise ball (its about 30cm diameter haha) and he looooves it but he's a thug! he slams into glasses to tip them over! :roll::evil:

What kind do you get? then I'll just order that kind :lol:

We got him a huge excercise ball (its about 30cm diameter haha) and he looooves it but he's a thug! he slams into glasses to tip them over! :roll::evil:

I think it's supreme chinchilla sand, it's in a container that looks like a cardboard carton of milk :lol: I got my last bags from the range where they have the German version in a paper bag and £1 cheaper than the other stuff even though it's the same! I sieve it every 2-3 days and the one bag filled all 4 trays (one being a large ice cream tub) with a bit left over, that was about 3 months ago now:lol:

Back