• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging box

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
Hi

Does anyone provide "digging boxes" for your bunnys :love:

I have tried different material to fill, soil, sawdust, sand etc but he just thinks its a litter tray :roll:

I'd love to see any pictures you have of your buns digging boxes or boredom buster ideas please :thumb:

I'm not sure about digging boxes but a member got an old dog basket and grew grass in it. It looks great! :thumb:

However it needs to be introduced gradually if not used to a large amount of grass. Other than that I hage no ideas, sorry!

I just use a cardboard box with high sides, and either put shredded paper in there, or an old phone book that they can shred themselves, then if it gets peed in too much, I can just toss it out and make a new one. You could probably use loose hay as well, if your rabbit is inclined to eat too much of the paper.

One of the boredom things I use..is get a small cardboard box..Im talking like CD size...punch some holes in it and fill it with some nuggets ( feed time) or foliage etc...and the bunnies go mad pushing it, digging at it..holding it in their teeth and hopping about trying to get the nuggets etc to fall out the holes...its funny to watch them and they get quite absorbed knowing something to eat will fall out...:wave:

A plastic dog bath from eBay filled 1/4 with topsoil. They absolutely love it, running around inside in a figure of 8. Digging and rolling around.

I got a cardboard box and filled it with pieces of shredded pieces of cardboard. Bojangles loves it. She goes in there and starts digging and chewing the cardboard.

Back