• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stupid owner!!!!!!!

moi

Mama Doe
Yesterday while at the vets someone thought it was ok to let her HUGE dog go up to Bunnys carrier! Poor lad was petrified! x

Things like this REALLY annoy me, most animals are scared enough just by being at the vets, so why do people allow their animals to get in the faces of others, especially prey animals I have dogs and rabbits and would never allow my dogs to go up to someone else's bunny, and on the other hand I'd never allow my bunny to go up to someones dog :lol: *my bunnies are always in a carrier at the vets!!! ;)

Things like this REALLY annoy me, most animals are scared enough just by being at the vets, so why do people allow their animals to get in the faces of others, especially prey animals I have dogs and rabbits and would never allow my dogs to go up to someone else's bunny, and on the other hand I'd never allow my bunny to go up to someones dog :lol: *my bunnies are always in a carrier at the vets!!! ;)

I personally dont like dogs so I wasnt feeling to chuffed, but I understand that I am going to come across animlas and have to be near them... but to let it actually come right up to the carrier! Honestly I could feel the carrier shaking! poor bun x

I moved and said I was not being rude but Bunny is scared enough as it is...... what I wanted to say probably would have got me arrested! :lol:

I think perhaps that's a tad rude, simply being polite and asking them to keep their distance would of been more suited.

A lot of people don't understand rabbits...especially owners of other animals.

Just move the carry case higher or something

I'm with graham on this one. It wouldn't even enter some people's minds regarding what's in the carrier, especially if they are only there for booster jabs. The nicest people may well let their lovely dog have a sniff to say hello. Its up to us to keep bunny safe. I normally pop something over carrier and face me or wall up on lap or we have one big bench seat all round the wall. Never on the floor.
Dogs are gonna sniff, people aren't going to realise so we have to think for them, if some one gets a little close I politely smile and tell them I have very frighten bunnies inside....normally makes them remember to be more considerate :thumb:

Last edited:
I tend to move around the waiting room away from any dogs! If one comes to sit next to me i get up and move :lol: i don't care what they think, i don't want my bunnies even more stressed!

I go sit out the back on the stairs if there are a lot of Dogs in the Waiting Room

It does annoy me when the dog owner allows a flexi-lead to extend so the dog is not properly under control. Surely it's common sense that a waiting room full of people and poorly Pets means having your own dog under full control is necessary.

problem is the waiting rooms are normally so small and dogs are usually terrified or over excited its very difficult keeping them sat still i keep my huge dog out in the car until its our turn and if i have the rabbits i keep a towel over the carrier...then there's no problem.

My vets have got strict instructions for dogs to be kept on a short lead and under control. Thay have a tub with dog treats in to help owners to do that I always sit in the same place and end up sitting well away from everyone :lol: I'm not overly comfortable around dogs either so it suits me :lol:

I'm with graham on this one. It wouldn't even enter some people's minds regarding what's in the carrier, especially if they are only there for booster jabs. The nicest people may well let their lovely dog have a sniff to say hello. Its up to us to keep bunny safe. I normally pop something over carrier and face me or wall up on lap or we have one big bench seat all round the wall. Never on the floor.
Dogs are gonna sniff, people aren't going to realise so we have to think for them, if some one gets a little close I politely smile and tell them I have very frighten bunnies inside....normally makes them remember to be more considerate :thumb:

Oh bunny wasnt on the floor, he was on my lap with the door side away from any other animals, in this stiffling heat it wouldnt be fair to cover the carrier. I deliberatly sat away from the dog, and my vets waiting room is quite large. Even if it wasnt a bunny in there it clearly was a small animal and this dog was mahoosive! Surely most animal owners are aware that many pets are frightened of the vets.

I think perhaps that's a tad rude, simply being polite and asking them to keep their distance would of been more suited.

A lot of people don't understand rabbits...especially owners of other animals.

Just move the carry case higher or something

Good job I didnt say what I was thinking then :D

As for moving the cary case higher Im sure Id have looked like a bit of a plum holding it over my head. I moved myself and bunny away insted x

I usually check in at reception and wait outside in my car to be called when I have Bobby because he goes into major panic when we go to the vet so my vet is happy to come out and call me when its Bobby's turn.

With the other buns I usually sit as far from any of the other animals as possible. I'm a bit of an overprotective mammy :oops:

I usually check in at reception and wait outside in my car to be called when I have Bobby because he goes into major panic when we go to the vet so my vet is happy to come out and call me when its Bobby's turn.

With the other buns I usually sit as far from any of the other animals as possible. I'm a bit of an overprotective mammy :oops:
I must admit in the cooler weather I may do this. It wasnt an option in this weather though. It was a hooooooot day x

I don't think what you said or did was rude (unless you said it in a really sarcastic tone :lol:) and certainly no ruder than asking the dog owner to make sure the dog keeps its distance.

I do agree that some people are blissfully unaware when they go to the vets, or even venture onto the streets with their dogs really. :lol: Kane (huge dog) isn't great at being approached by other dogs while he's on a lead but people still think it's ok to let their dogs come up to him (even after I've already warned them) and then look at me in disgust when Kane reacts.

I don't think what you said or did was rude (unless you said it in a really sarcastic tone :lol:) and certainly no ruder than asking the dog owner to make sure the dog keeps its distance.

I do agree that some people are blissfully unaware when they go to the vets, or even venture onto the streets with their dogs really. :lol: Kane (huge dog) isn't great at being approached by other dogs while he's on a lead but people still think it's ok to let their dogs come up to him (even after I've already warned them) and then look at me in disgust when Kane reacts.

I did say it politly. I didnt want to be horrible and cause an arguement as I think the pets were scared enough without the humans starting a fight! (not that I would, Im too much of a wimp:shock:) xx

I always sit with the carrier on my knee, generally talking away to Spenser and not caring what anyone thinks. It has taken me years to get ove a bad dog phobia, and actualy having a rabbit that needs to visit the vet now again has helped as I obviously have to accept the likelihood of dogs being around. It is a dog's nature to find the scent of rabbit interesting, so I'm always ready for them coming up for a sniff at the carrier. I do agree, though, that dog owners should be aware that other pets and their owners might not always be overjoyed for their animal to make friendly overtures.

Back