• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I miss my rabbit!

DarceyH

Warren Scout
So Smokey is currently at Cuddly Critters rescue, being bonded to the rescue rabbit I am adopting, and I miss her so much! I feel so bunny-less!
She seemed totally relaxed and didn't seem to care that I was leaving her in a strange place, which I guess is good, but I kinda wanted her to look sad (horrible I know) but I would have liked to think that she misses me even a tiny bit. :(
I know I will see her and Robin, the new bun, soon, and that (hopefully) they will be happier together than alone... But I just wish I was confident enough to be able to bond them myself, as despite my dogs best efforts, I feel terribly lonely...
Sorry for ramble, but it helps to write it down!

Aww, I'm sure she will miss you, she was probably just too interested in the new surroundings at the time and didn't realise that you'd be gone for a while! She'll be very happy to see you when you go to get her! Hope the bonding goes well.

I felt the same when Jack went off to Leeds to be bonded, it was so strange not having a bunny for the first time in 7 years.......I must admit the first night I put fresh hay in for him before realising I was putting it in an empty shed :oops: But its made it all worthwhile now he's back home with his wife! :love::love:

Cute :)

I felt the same when Jack went off to Leeds to be bonded, it was so strange not having a bunny for the first time in 7 years.......I must admit the first night I put fresh hay in for him before realising I was putting it in an empty shed :oops: But its made it all worthwhile now he's back home with his wife! :love::love:

I keep looking at my empty run, but it will be much nicer to have two happy buns in there than one rather lonely bun!

Exactly, and you'll get so much pleasure seeing them together. Mine have just been given a carrot as a treat and every time one takes a nibble, the other one runs off with it, it's been going on for about 10 minutes, they seem to be having a whale of a time and the carrot has travelled round the garden numerous times :lol::lol: They usually just sit and share but tonight this is obviously their favourite game!

Have you had any updates of how they are getting on?

Yes

Exactly, and you'll get so much pleasure seeing them together. Mine have just been given a carrot as a treat and every time one takes a nibble, the other one runs off with it, it's been going on for about 10 minutes, they seem to be having a whale of a time and the carrot has travelled round the garden numerous times :lol::lol: They usually just sit and share but tonight this is obviously their favourite game!

Have you had any updates of how they are getting on?

I got a wonderful email from Kerry at Cuddley Critters yesterday saying that they have been getting on amazingly, she sent some photos, but I don't know how to put them up :/
Apparently they have been caught grooming each other, and have been cuddled up together! They seem to be a great match, and they look great together too! Wish I knew how to put pictures up!

awww thats fab news, sounds like a match made in heaven. I was so excited every time I got an update, I couldnt wait to see them together. There is a thread somewhere about how to post photos. Do you have a photobucket account as I do mine through that and its quite simple once you get the hang of it (and I'm useless with computers) :roll:

Back