• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Foxie takes his medicine so well! (video) and culture results

Jaffacake

Alpha Buck
He is being so good at taking medicine I just had to share! :love:

He's on Metacam and Bisolven twice a day atm. We heard back from the vets today about the cultures and he has pasturella, e.coli, and various other less dangerous bacteria. For now the best bunny vet is on holiday, and as Foxie's breathing easier now the vets recommended we keep going with the current medicine until the other vet comes back and we can sort out antibiotics then.

I don't know what they'll give us now. Foxie didn't like Baytril as much :roll: although maybe he just acted like he didn't like it because he didn't like being held on my knee in a towel. Now I know he will sit nicely on a chair and take it I don't have to stress him out and the whole process is really easy and adorable! :love:

Oh bless him :love: What a good boy he is :thumb:

My Flopsy is on ongoing meds for life for various things and he adores medicine time! He loves Metacam especially.

I hope he is feeling better soon :wave:

What a cutie! :love:

Marley takes Metacam easily when he's been given it in the past, baytril was a no no though, had to administer that one forcefully unfortunately!

Oh wow that's fab, love your "bunny" voice too, I do that in the garden :lol: funnily enough its what made me start talking to my neighbour, I would be talking to the bunnies & piggies and she'd be talking to her cat and we have been really close friends for years now :thumb::love:

Oh wow that's fab, love your "bunny" voice too, I do that in the garden :lol: funnily enough its what made me start talking to my neighbour, I would be talking to the bunnies & piggies and she'd be talking to her cat and we have been really close friends for years now :thumb::love:

Hahaha I was hoping everyone would be too distracted by his cuteness to notice the voice :oops::lol: It is so embarrassing! I swear I don't talk like that normally, but I just can't talk to the buns any other way. :lol: Our neighbours are pretty lovely but they think I am very strange so I have to watch I don't talk too loud to the pets- I have a slightly different voice for the rabbits and the cats :p Wish I had a neighbour like you! :D

Oh bless him :love: What a good boy he is :thumb:

My Flopsy is on ongoing meds for life for various things and he adores medicine time! He loves Metacam especially.

I hope he is feeling better soon :wave:

What a cutie! :love:

Marley takes Metacam easily when he's been given it in the past, baytril was a no no though, had to administer that one forcefully unfortunately!

I am seeing a pattern emerging! Metacam= good! I think Metacam's been flavoured with honey, so why can't they do the same with baytril?! I hope Foxie doesn't need it for life as he's already been on and off medicine for 8 of his 10 months of life so far (pretty much since we got him!) and I'd hate to have to do it for the next 10 years. The vet thinks we might be able to shift it though so YAY! If he does need meds forever I'm just going to have to mix it all with honey ;)

I am seeing a pattern emerging! Metacam= good! I think Metacam's been flavoured with honey, so why can't they do the same with baytril?! I hope Foxie doesn't need it for life as he's already been on and off medicine for 8 of his 10 months of life so far (pretty much since we got him!) and I'd hate to have to do it for the next 10 years. The vet thinks we might be able to shift it though so YAY! If he does need meds forever I'm just going to have to mix it all with honey ;)

Bless him! I hope it manages to get sorted, you'll have to get your own bees if its for the next 10 years! More cost effective possibly :lol: touch wood it doesn't come to that!

Hahaha I was hoping everyone would be too distracted by his cuteness to notice the voice :oops::lol: It is so embarrassing! I swear I don't talk like that normally, but I just can't talk to the buns any other way. :lol: Our neighbours are pretty lovely but they think I am very strange so I have to watch I don't talk too loud to the pets- I have a slightly different voice for the rabbits and the cats :p Wish I had a neighbour like you! :D

I think I talk to Ludo like this too! :oops::oops:

Foxie is very cute and a good boy! :lol::love:

Ahhhh

to cute hope he gets well soon ... :D... I talk like that to mine to im always getting laughed at my neighbors must think ive gone mad :oops:

FOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXIE! :love::love::love::love::love:

Get better soon Foxiepops xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Jaffy & Rennyroo say hi, well Ren does, Jaff has his face in the food as normal.

FOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXIE! :love::love::love::love::love:

Get better soon Foxiepops xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Jaffy & Rennyroo say hi, well Ren does, Jaff has his face in the food as normal.

Awww, so cute!!! Ren is so pretty, and Jaffa looks a bit chubby! You said he was small, but he doesn't look small! How much does he weigh?
Love them :love:

Back