• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

waiting for news u/d he's ok!

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
Jasper has been at the vets since 9am, to be neutered and also to find his undescended testicle. No news yet and I'm at work but i feel really anxious!!!

Cant wait to go and get him at 4pm, hopefully

Last edited:
Hope you hear soon. We usually get a call early aft if somebun is in the vets so hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

Sending lots of vibes for Jasper.

My vets don't do neuters until after 1pm so they can observe the animals and make sure they are all well before the operation. It could be they have a few to do so he's later on the list or a emergency has come in.

Hes got 3 wounds in total. The 2nd testicle was so underdeveloped they could barely tell what it was. The other one you could see was also underdeveloped. He seems bright though ans less subdued than my other two when i picked them up! Hopefully hes not feeling too bad.

so hes been home a couple of hours nearly. he seems ok. dosen't seem to be in any pain, drinking, not eating much but i doubt he's feeling hungry :D

glad he is ok, I remember reading mabels notes, a while after she was speyed, and vets never mentioned she had a rather small uterus, I found out reading her notes when had to go to an emergency vets to have her admitted

Good stuff, glad all is ok :D I work on the principle that no news is good news when my animals are at the vets :lol:

Jasp seems OK today. No quieter than he normally is, keeps trying to run around! He just had an accident on the carpet :( In his defence he was in the litter tray just not quite all in and ended up peeing on the carpet :lol:

I'm surprised really, he doesn't seem subdued at all. The other two weren't themselves for a few days. You wouldn't really be able to tell that Jasp had anything done except for he hops a bit funny and obviously doesn't want to move too much :)

Jasp is ok this morning. Hes done poops everywhere! Previously he didnt poo or wee jn the living room. :lol: overnight he decided to go back to his cage in the kitchen and is currently chilling out in there. Were going for the post op checkup tomorrow :)

Jasper has been for his checkup and all looks good :D quite impressed with them to be honest, the stitching was really neat and he didn't seem to be in pain whatsoever.

On the other hand my other vet made a right mess of Button's stomach stitching. I think in future if we were having rabbits neutered we would take them to this other vet. they seemed to know what they were doing with the undeveloped testicle too.

Here's a pic of Jasper :D He's current running around eating bits of hay from the carpet :shock:

Aw he looks very happy, considering! :love:

He is actually very happy! I'm so surprised about how quickly he seems to have 'recovered'? It took at least a week for my other two to get back to normal. I saw him jumping around on the furniture yesterday and he didn't seem to be bothered :shock::shock: had to tell him to be careful :lol:

Back