• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't know what to do..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
The idea was to get Charlie an 8x6 shed, but with the lino, mesh and everything it would be around £500. Money we have, but I'm incredibly reluctant to spend it because of where it's going and how long it will take to build up funds again.. :? I don't want the care of the rabbits to suffer because I've just spent the equivalent of nearly 2 months wages :( no doubt one of the other rabbits will need a dental or something during that.

She can't have a run attached, I've spotted foxes at my bf's from 6am, 12pm, 3pm etc.. I would not feel comfortable at all having the run attached. So she can only have that for supervised access.

6x4 shed perhaps? ...Again, no run attached but cheaper in total.

Or.. I talk to my mom again who said she could come here. I'm know there are foxes around here too, but we live on the road that comes into the village, live next to a pub and there's always a fair amount of commotion noise unlike at my bf's which is just surrounded by fields and down a quiet lane.

Here she would have a 6ft hutch with either an attached under run, or perhaps a runaround tunnel going from a single 6ft hutch to the 6x4 run I already have. This is what I would prefer I think if she came here but I don't know what to go for.

If she's here then she'll have the opportunity to go into the puppy pens and have extra exercise.

I'm not sure about a playhouse as that would take up a lot of depth and I think my mom might scream if she has to have the washing line moved again! She also helps me with the rabbits a few times a week and a hutch would be easier for her to get to rather than having to bend down.

I have a 4x2x2ish double hutch and the 6x4 run but I don't know ..I'd prefer her to have a 6ft hutch then at least if it's like this then she'll have a decent sheltered area.

Hm.. Easier to write it down than have it jumbling through my head! I literally have no idea what to *pulls hair out!!*

Which location would you prefer to have her?

What sort of space do you have to site the accommodation. Sometimes something outside the box might work eg you can go for a long thin run or turn a terraces side return in to a walk in run.

Could you use the existing double hutch you have and get some sort of extension built on it for the bottom storey, to make it 6ft, and use a runaround tunnel and your existing run. Will you be able to spend more time with her at your mums?

Which location would you prefer to have her?

What sort of space do you have to site the accommodation. Sometimes something outside the box might work eg you can go for a long thin run or turn a terraces side return in to a walk in run.

I'd prefer her here tbh, she'd have more contact then and wouldn't be in a shed on her own. But then we could sit with her in a shed.. Grrrrr:lol:

Our house is detached although did have a very thin walkway down the side of the house which was usused. My dad just put his new shed down there though and I think it's only 3ft wide.

I'll get a picture of where it would go in the garden here in a sec. Our garden is secure from people/most animals whereas my bf's garden is an open field surrounding the house, the area the shed would go is on the side of my dads big shed.

Could you use the existing double hutch you have and get some sort of extension built on it for the bottom storey, to make it 6ft, and use a runaround tunnel and your existing run. Will you be able to spend more time with her at your mums?

I don't think my mom would like that, she's already had 4 mix matched setups in the garden and hated them :lol: She knows how much space rabbits need but doesn't see the point in buying a 6ft hutch when I can use the 4ft one, but then she prefers me buying a new one over spending hundreds on a shed!

She'll have a lot more contact, even if it's just verbal as she is still rather nervy. My parents both spoil Donny and Lola.. :roll: :lol: bit of grated carrot, spring greens, herbs, raspberry leaves.. :roll: that's why I don't give them any :lol: they'll go and talk to them so Charlie will be treated the same. Also being near to Don and Lola might be good for her. They don't mind other rabbits (they did as singles) so it wouldn't cause a problem between them.

Could you partition a bit off the end of your dads should and have an aviary on the end with a cat flap through :)

Could you partition a bit off the end of your dads should and have an aviary on the end with a cat flap through :)

I wish I could, the only reason he has a second shed is because he couldn't fit anything else in the big one :lol: he's got enough out of it now so we can get to the fridge and freezer in there.

This is the area, the 6x4 run is folded flat and the 4ft hutch is propped up, both are there until we can find somewhere for them to live as they were where the new shed is.. :lol:
The wooden bit at the back is full of the rabbits toys and the allotment stuff, I'm still trying to find room to put the carrier back in there..! :lol:

This is a problem with her being here.. There isn't a lot of room for anything above minimum. I think my mom would move out if I got another shed.

null_zps8bf45b44.jpg

My car isn't usually there, my dad needed the drive so I've been shoved onto the garden! Excuse the mess at the back too, the barn is being rebuilt (shame.. Perfect rabbit area!) so once that's done she could always have another run attached permanently going on the drive as the cars would have a proper home then.

Back