• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding tips?

katie2000

Alpha Buck
:wave: My bunnies are going into boarding for the first time next weekend and I was wondering if there was anything in particular that I need to remember?

I've got their litter tray, water bowl, sawdust, hay, pellets, blanket and toys on the list at the moment.

Is there anything else??

Do you normally get fridge space for veggies etc??

Does anyone leave written instructions with their boarders? I've got some instructions that I've left with my mum in the past including morning routine/evening routine and vets details so I may amend these and take them along too.

Really don't want to leave the buns!!!! :cry: VERY nervous!

Thank you :) xxxx

I'd contact the boarding place and ask what to take.

The places I board mine provide all bowls, trays, food, hay and other bedding, although I understand if you want to take their own bits to make them feel more at home :love:

A good boarding place will also require proof that the buns are vaccinated, so you will probably need to take their vaccination cards too.

Where I board mine, all the food is included so no need to take greens etc, and I suspect they wouldn't have room in the fridge for everybun's food, but again, worth asking the boarder.

And yes, I always provide written instructions :oops:. I trust the people who board my buns absolutely, but I still think it helps them out to have the routine written down, and any oddities that they might want to look out for, or anything that's changed since the last time they stayed.

We just have to take, pellets and litter trays. Plus any medication, toys etc. Hay and veg is all provided.

We have to fill in a care sheet for each bunny.

I've just started doing boarding and I am asking people to bring their bun's dry food, but leaving everything else up to them. If my own bunnies were going somewhere I'd want them to have as much familiar stuff around them as possible. I also really encourage people to write down everything about their bunnies - routine, food, health, personality, there's no such thing as too much information (bunny information :lol:) I think!

Back