• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nature's Nursery: rabbits and other small animals :-/

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
Has anyone heard of these nurseries or have any experiences with them?

On my way home from work I drove past a previously vacant building (near Billing Aquadrome in Northampton) that had a big sign outside advertising that the aforementioned company are hiring. In the garden area outside the building, they already had empty rabbit hutches and dovecotes. The rabbit hutches were on bark from what I could see and really close to a busy and noisy road.

I have looked up the company and all I can find on their 'use' of rabbits and other small animals is this link: http://www.natures-nursery.co.uk/ascot.php

I'm all for children learning how to care for small animals properly but I don't think this is the best way to do it. I am also concerned that the rabbits will not be properly protected from predators and other problems.

I'm tempted to email the company directly but I wonder if I would have more luck with the RWA? Part of me feels like I'm overreacting because there are no rabbits in the hutches as yet.

Thanks for reading,

FC x

my aunt teaches at a forest school but they don't have pets for the kids (and if they did my aunt wouldn't let them get away with anything less than the minimum requirements)

maybe email pretending to be a parent and ask about the pets as you already have them/are considering getting some so want to know what they'd be learning

Thanks for the replies :wave:

I think I will email the RWAF. I may also have a drive past in the next few days and see if there is an email/number.

Back