• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yet another thread on Insurance

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
I have always recommended insurance, but my renewal has come through today for Bobby and Sable, and I'm beginning to wonder:

Bobby (who was 6 in April): excess £110, increased from £80
Sable (who will be 6 in November): excess £95, increased from £65

Renewal premium £30.22 from £24 something per month

The maximum benefit payable is still £2000 per policy year

It's difficult :? I think to know what to do for the best.

I guess in the last 6 months of Inky's life, I probably spent around £750. However, if he had been insured, the insurance would have only paid out on the two emergency vets visits at £200.

Is it worth trying other insurance companies to see if you can get a better deal or trying to negotiate with your current one?

It's difficult :? I think to know what to do for the best.

I guess in the last 6 months of Inky's life, I probably spent around £750. However, if he had been insured, the insurance would have only paid out on the two emergency vets visits at £200.

Is it worth trying other insurance companies to see if you can get a better deal or trying to negotiate with your current one?

I think they are probably classed as 'too old' to be insured by another company.

I'm just trying to sort out in my head - as I said, I've always recommended insurance to people, so it would be a bit of an about turn if I decided to cancel. Think I've got about 10 days to decide.

I think they are probably classed as 'too old' to be insured by another company.

I'm just trying to sort out in my head - as I said, I've always recommended insurance to people, so it would be a bit of an about turn if I decided to cancel. Think I've got about 10 days to decide.

I don't think that you should worry about what you have always said to others, you gave them advice based on your experience at the time. That experience has now changed and financially you would probably be better off putting £24 a month in a separate bank account, so that if anything happened you could use that money to help pay.

I would keep the insurance. It's not just £2000, it's £2000 per year. That's quite a huge excess increase though, I would write them an unhappy letter just to let them know.

Bramble's excess is £100 now, Bungee's £75 and Bo's £55. Still well worth having though, especially considering what we have claimed for Bramble over the past 2 years.

Back