• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daily Mail-Anyone read this?

That's what my old hamster used to look like :lol: We had to moisturise him twice a day :lol:
Love the ears! :love: Isn't he adorable! :love:

Wow he's tiny! I wonder if he's a peanut (a rabbit with a double dwarf gene), they usually don't live more than a few weeks but there's been a rare case where one has lived for a few years, I can't remember if they had the fur problem or not though

Wow he's tiny! I wonder if he's a peanut (a rabbit with a double dwarf gene), they usually don't live more than a few weeks but there's been a rare case where one has lived for a few years, I can't remember if they had the fur problem or not though

quarterbunny had Dude, a peanut bunny who lived for 13 years! He didn't have the fur problem though :wave:

He's a Rex with a double furless gene

Ive been told Stevie is a peanut :? he is just over 18 months now. he has a really strange fluffy coat and bald ears

micro2.jpg
Surviving ones tend to look like this, very large heads, tiny ears, deformed legs especially back legs

Gosh he looks so fragile and ill actually. His features don't look normal to me :oops: I hope he gets all the love and tlc he needs from his ownersno matter how long he lives, shame they breed bunnies though.

micro2.jpg
Surviving ones tend to look like this, very large heads, tiny ears, deformed legs especially back legs

Mine has tiny ears and deformed back legs. He also had a deformed skull and deformed eyes but his coat is much longer than the one pictured

Mine has tiny ears and deformed back legs. He also had a deformed skull and deformed eyes but his coat is much longer than the one pictured

He does sound like a stereotypical peanut, how old is he? I have seen pictures of them with regular coats, the rabbit in the picture is a mini rex but mini lop/nethie peanuts have regular length fur

The rabbit in the picture was actually (quite luckily in this case) in the hands of a breeder who kept moving him into younger litters so he got milk for a longer time and wasn't competing with much larger litter mates, he lived for a year and a half and that's the oldest I've seen so far where there's absolutely no doubt the rabbit is a peanut

I thought peanuts had tiny dwarf ears, not those huge things he's got and the face doesn't look dwarf. He could be a mini lop but in the beginning the vet says what he has and it's not the normal dwarf gene in rabbits.

He's a Rex with a double furless gene

Is that a fairly normal thing for rexes with the double furless gene to lose fur and regrow it and also be runts? If it is this is like the 'this man can hypnotize rabbits' article all over again :roll: might be a good idea to contact them, or their vet.

Daily Mail said:
A rabbit born with a normal amount of hair has confused doctors after it appeared to show signs of a condition that only exists in dogs.

Maybe they should take it to a vet rather than a doctor? That might be why the doctor is confused… :lol:

I thought peanuts had tiny dwarf ears, not those huge things he's got and the face doesn't look dwarf. He could be a mini lop but in the beginning the vet says what he has and it's not the normal dwarf gene in rabbits.

The article mentions that he has pituitary dwarfism, which means he does not have the dwarfing gene and is not a dwarf in the same way that a Netherland is. Pituitary dwarfism occurs when there is a problem with the pituitary gland, often inadequate production of the growth hormone. That is why he has normal proportions and features but is still abnormally small. :)

The article mentions that he has pituitary dwarfism, which means he does not have the dwarfing gene and is not a dwarf in the same way that a Netherland is. Pituitary dwarfism occurs when there is a problem with the pituitary gland, often inadequate production of the growth hormone. That is why he has normal proportions and features but is still abnormally small. :)

But he has not had any blood tests so this cannot be confirmed. A double furless gene is far more likely as it can happen a lot in some lines unless rectified. Apparently it happens more frequently in the Astrex Rabbit

Back