• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Homemade bunny treats - Success!

RavenMoon

Mama Doe
As I mentioned in another thread, we have loads of lemon balm and mallow in our back garden, so I decided to attempt to make my own rabbit treats. I washed a big pile of leaves, then food processed them. I threw in one banana as a binder (if anyone knows of anything healthier to use as a binder it would be great, although each treat only ends up with a tiny bit in), then loads of the powder from the bottom of the pellet bag, so it didn't go to waste. Blended together, formed into circles and bunged in the oven until crispy. The rabbits got a taste just before (as they're not quite cooked yet but done at the edges) and loved them :D I was getting shoved for more. Although now Pooka is still bugging me for more and has gone hyper :roll:

Pleased it has been successful, and a good way of making use of the plants ^^

Mine would eat the whole bush if I'd let them. :roll: I find the smell a bit overpowering myself.

Bunnies are strange. Ours hated it so much that if I put it in bowl with other herbs they wouldn't touch any of it until the lemon balm was removed!

Back