• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do females have monthly cycles

i am only asking this as 5 days out of the start of the month her pee spraying is really bad where as the rest of the month there is no wee at all

No, they are induced ovulators, so the act of mating makes them ovulate. What an interesting observation, though, I wonder why! Is there anything different in her diet occasionally which might account for it?

Is your little one spayed? I would strongly recommend you get her done if she isn't, as the risk of uterine cancer is really high in female bunnies, plus it will make her much calmer and feel less territorial.

Good luck :D

No, they are induced ovulators, so the act of mating makes them ovulate. What an interesting observation, though, I wonder why! Is there anything different in her diet occasionally which might account for it?

Is your little one spayed? I would strongly recommend you get her done if she isn't, as the risk of uterine cancer is really high in female bunnies, plus it will make her much calmer and feel less territorial.

Good luck :D

no she isnt but she is getting done as soon as we come of our holidays. and her diet hasnt changed

Just wondering... assuming you're female... how does her spraying fit in with your cycle? Could be she can sense higher oestrogen points in your cycle and is reacting to them by marking her territory?

its not mine. every month she will have 5 days of lots of wee over the floor and the rest of the month she wont have any i was just wondering if they did

its not mine. every month she will have 5 days of lots of wee over the floor and the rest of the month she wont have any i was just wondering if they did

I know, I was just wondering if she did it because she could sense the change in your hormones and, being unspayed at the moment, was reacting to it.

I know, I was just wondering if she did it because she could sense the change in your hormones and, being unspayed at the moment, was reacting to it.

I would suspect this too. Rabbits can smell hormones in each other, they should be able to smell ours too. Either that or she is reacting to changes in behaviour.

Back