• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quite grumpy recently - lots of thumping

Fennic

Warren Scout
Hi all

I've noticed a lot of difference in temprament recently with my girl, we lost her mate over a month ago but shes been thumping while running around downstairs for no apparent reasons and sometimes even growling. She will also come into a room, thump and continue walking around. It's quite perplexing.

Theres been no changes in the home that may have affected her other than her partner loss, shes in full health and roughly 1 - 2 years old. (And yes once we've got the finances we'll be adopting her another mate)

Can this be down to the loss of him changing her temprament? I do recall she did growl and thump a lot before being spayed a year ago I put that down to hormones.

Hi :wave:

Sorry you lost a bun. One of mine thumps and makes a zzzing noise when she's excited as well as when she's nervous. I think the loss of a partner can result in changes in temperament and also this weather is making mine act a bit strangely.

Back