• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie and Snow bonding. Update Post 11,16, 21

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
A separated run, neutral territory for both Snow and Rosie.

A very slow start Mr Snow seemed oblivious to Rosie who was quite keen to meet him. They did sniff through the bars briefly but that was it. Snow sat in his litter box. Rosie seemed happy in the run.

Last edited:
Good luck!
I tried this too only to find Maia in Wafer's part of the run :lol: she had jumped over the fence and they'd bonded themselves!

Will they be staying like this for a few days or are they kept somewhere else overnight? I need to reattempt bonding my two and I'm scared! Beautiful bunnies :love:

It's great to see her exploring already :) She barely moved the first week she was here, and only explored an inch at a time. She looks much more relaxed and confident now :love:

Sending lots of happy bonding vibes xx

Will they be staying like this for a few days or are they kept somewhere else overnight? I need to reattempt bonding my two and I'm scared! Beautiful bunnies :love:

It's great to see her exploring already :) She barely moved the first week she was here, and only explored an inch at a time. She looks much more relaxed and confident now :love:

Sending lots of happy bonding vibes xx

They are in separate cages indoors over night.

When she is indoors in her cage she seems really scaredy, I had to put food up to her in her litter tray as she didn't want to get out and it is very quiet at my house too. As soon as I put her in the little run she sprung to life!

How long will you keep them together like this before attempting to put them together?

Is Rosie the little one who is blind? If I remember? And ended up being pregnant? She's such a cutie! I bet she can't wait to get snuggled up :love:

How long will you keep them together like this before attempting to put them together?

Is Rosie the little one who is blind? If I remember? And ended up being pregnant? She's such a cutie! I bet she can't wait to get snuggled up :love:

Yes Rosie is blind and she had her uterus removed because it was covered with growths of some sort. Snow is blind and deaf. They both appear to be very gentle bunnies so hopefully once I put them together they will be OK. I think I will try them together tomorrow.

Today Snow and Rosie spent the day in the separated run again, it has been very hot so I did not want to put them through any unnecessary stress. As the temperature fell into the evening and dusk started to fall and bunnies are supposed to be more active, I thought I would try them for the first time together.

This is as close as they got.

Rosie was the one who showed more interest. Snow either completely ignored her or was oblivious to her even being there!

They spent most of their time in a shared run like this

Or this!

Rosie seems perfectly happy. When I go into the run she sort of cowers and keeps still but when I am away from the run and she doesn't know I'm watching her she potters around.

They're certainly very relaxed in each other's company! :love: Ignoring is a good sign. It looks like they don't dislike each other, they're just being cautious. A good start :love:

They're certainly very relaxed in each other's company! :love: Ignoring is a good sign. It looks like they don't dislike each other, they're just being cautious. A good start :love:

Yes I think when they finally do get it together they will be OK. Rosie is very chilled when she is outside in the run. Might try her on the grass today for a little free range, was going to give her a small grassy space but I think I will just try her on the lawn as she seems a lot more confident outside.

First time free ranging for Rosie

So I thought I would put her hay box on the grass and put her in it and see if she ventured out. As soon as I put her in the box she hopped out and started exploring the garden, no fear, just like she had been doing it everyday! Snow decided to put the hay box to good use.

Rosie exploring

Visiting Big

Rosie was here, there and everywhere, Snow hardly ventured away from the hay box.

She ran around and even did a couple of binkies. I think she must have some vision as she was running around, Snow toddles around much more cautiously she was also very good at negotiating obstacles. She tired herself out.

Awwwwww! :love: It's so lovely to see her enjoying her first free range time :) That grass looks amazing! Looks like she's much more comfortable being outside.

Oooh they are so pretty

Can I bring my 3 to graze on your grass they would have that down in a couple of hours :lol:, I no longer need to mow EVER :lol::lol:

Oooh they are so pretty

Can I bring my 3 to graze on your grass they would have that down in a couple of hours :lol:, I no longer need to mow EVER :lol::lol:

I had to mow once last year, the buns kept the rest down, don't know what's gone wrong this year it seems to have gone a bit wild but the buns love it so I keep putting off mowing.

Capt Helen. Rosie seems much happier when she is outside. I wonder if it is to do with the fear of being handled? As she crouches down when ever I approach her. I know she lived with kids previously, maybe they didn't handle her too well or maybe the growths she had inside her caused her a lot of pain when she was handled? Once bonded they will be living outside in a big hutch or I may refurb the bottom shed for them which is now empty?

Back