• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caterpillars/butterfly's all away ):

Fantastic! Are they from insect lore? The kids are desperate to get them at home after doing them at nursery and school!

Aww :love: we had some last month :love: I can't believe how quickly they grew, and we ended up with all 5 successfully changing into butterflies :D we even saw 3 of them emerging :love:

:D I need to get some more. You'll have to update this with photos every couple of days - you''ll be surprised just how quickly they grow.

Day Two in the caterpillar house:

null_zpsc96fe00d.jpg

You can see the difference already. :D

I think ours took a week and a half or so to turn into chrysalises (is that the plural of chrysalis, I have no idea :oops::oops:) and then just over a week to emerge.

Oh, pretty pretty! I need to make a thread with the machaon caterpillars who ate all the dill I'd bought for the bunnies. :)

I think ones dead ): I hadn't moved or grown since I took it out of its packaging ):
I've been at work all day and won't get home till late so ill take another pic later an see if it has moved or grown any.

We thought one of ours was dead in the first couple of days, but it turned out to be fine, I think it was just trying to scare us. Hope it's ok.

Day Three: not best pic but...

null_zpsbaeeb09e.jpg

The little one seems to have grown not sure if its moved but looking okay so far :wave:

Decided ill change thread title with each new picture a day :D

Last edited:
Looking good :D such a good idea to do photos. We never thought to do that but I think we probably will get some more, we enjoyed it so much :love:

Back